Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wandering if anyone has a list or know where i can find one that would tell me what parts off a type r will fit on an ls. and also what parts would be worth upgrading, like fule pump, injectors, intake manifold, someone told me the igniton on the type r was a lot better also. any kinda of info would be greatly apreciated. thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
The engine....*slobbers*

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
you name it and it pretty much bolts on engine-wise as long as its not vtec related. That doesn't necessarily mean thats its a good part for improving performance....but it will fit.

For suspension:

front swaybar
rear swaybar (get a mounting kit)
front strut brace
rear strut brace (from the jdm model)
shocks
springs

All are great additions if you want to step up to an Type R suspension setup.

what are you looking to upgrade exactly.....give us specifics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im doing the sway bar upgrades int he next few weeks and i was just wandering what else there was that would help with performance. ive heard the intake manifold will fit but i dont know for sure. also the guy at a shop near my house was telling me to get a type r ignition, fuel pump and injectors. dont know how much differnt that stuff is. i was just reading on a post on here about thermostats and if thats something worth changing then i would think about it. anyhow any info that i can get is much apreciated. thanx

·
Registered
398 Posts
The intake manifold wont fit unless you have a shop shave or bore it or something but if u do have it put on it helps .

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's a pretty broad question. Maybe be more specific on what you're looking to change. Sometimes only half the parts of a set will fit, for example the front shocks will fit but not the rear shocks.

You need to narrow down what you want so we can help you better. The Type R had about 60-70 parts upgraded from the other Integras so there's alot and we can't really just list them all here.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The Mirrors.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
dickise on Aug/27/02 said:
im doing the sway bar upgrades int he next few weeks and i was just wandering what else there was that would help with performance. ive heard the intake manifold will fit but i dont know for sure. also the guy at a shop near my house was telling me to get a type r ignition, fuel pump and injectors. dont know how much differnt that stuff is. i was just reading on a post on here about thermostats and if thats something worth changing then i would think about it. anyhow any info that i can get is much apreciated. thanx
Intake manifold won't fit, it needs to be modified.

ITR injectors are 240cc the same as yours so there's no real upgrade there.

Ignition and fuel pump I'm guessing are also the same but I'm not sure. You wouldn't get anything out of them anyway.

The front sway bar uses a ball joint mount on the Type R and may or may not fit on your car. The rear sway bar will tear right out of the chassis if you don't get a reinforcement kit for it.

Definitely ask alot of questions about this stuff, there's many things you have to consider. I would probably stop taking advice from "the guy at the shop" because it sounds like he either doesn't know what he's talking about or is trying to fool you into taking your money and basically giving you nothing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the rear ITR shocks are from a 88 civic hatchback...just figured I would throw that out there

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
oh yeah the floor mats

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The front shocks will fit but the rears mount differently. You will need to find type r control arms (or whatever those thigns are called). The ITR rear shocks have a bushing type thing at the end and goes through the control arm. Our normal teg shocks have a fork which goes around the control arm. But the springs will fit out our stock shocks.... and are pretty nice feeling too. I have them on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for the rear type r sway bar im going to buy the kit to mount it right and i thought the front one would mount right up. so the ingectors and manifold wont fit thts good to know. do the shocks and springs off the type r lower the car any or are they just stiffer? are the fuel pumps and oil pumps different enough to want to upgrade them? or would it be better to get aftermarket ones? again any info that you can share with me is greatly apreciated. thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts