Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best head gasket to go with for a turbo car. i have had friends of mine tell me to go with two stock head gasket double stacked. has anyone tried this or heard bout this.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That doesn't sound like a good idea, you're just asking for leaks or a blown gasket specially with boost. Just use one gasket like Clean said. And if you're worried about compression, there are other ways using intake and ignition timing that your tuner can mess with to adjust the compression to a safe level for your application.

·
Registered
581 Posts
use a stock oem acura one, best ones i have found

i went through cometic ones both types the expensive one and cheaper one

the stockers hold up better

*why are you lowering your compression if the motor is built? if it is built than you should have decided before what compression to go with, you don't necessarly have to have low compression to run boost, you just need to tune better.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Two gaskets!? Sounds like a bad idea AND a waste of money. Just get one gasket of normal thickness and ARP head studs, then it should be fine. If you want to go aftermarket for the gasket, I recommend Cometic's HP gasket.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Cometic.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
GSRMICKTURBO91 on Feb/13/06 said:
what is the best head gasket to go with for a turbo car. i have had friends of mine tell me to go with two stock head gasket double stacked. has anyone tried this or heard bout this.
Thats absolutely ridiculous, i wouldnt reccomend listening to any advice from those friends.

As far as I'm concerned there are two best choices for a b series.

If your not sending the block to a machine shop for any reason, stock gaskets have proved tough time and time again if you use a fresh one and use properly torqued head studs to prevent any lift.

If you are having the block machined have the sleeves ringed and you can use a copper gasket. When done right copper gaskets are industructable. But you do NEED an o-ringed block to use them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.