Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i home a 94 integra LS. My question is what is the best/fastest/most powerful engine that i could put in my car. it is an automatic. so it would need to be able to work with that type of transmission. so far i havent done any mobs but i would like to get started. i have owned the car for about a month. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
engine codecar type
b16acivic SI
b18c1gsr
b18c5itr
b20crv
H22prelude

These are the most common swaps. All are great swaps and vary greatly in cost. The SI swap is prob the cheapest.....with the itr engine topping the list as most costly because of its rarity and high specific output. I'd recommend ditching your automatic tranny in favor of a manual from the corresponding engine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea...hmmm. well, i once had an automatic '91 toyota corolla and i dreamed the same dream you're having. except in my case it was swapping either a famed 4agze engine or a 3sgte engine from a celica. the bottom line is, unless you've got a ton of cash, its just not realistic. its hard to understand how much actually goes into an engine swap. the same applies to a tranny conversion...its just messy. can you sell your car? if you can, i'd suggest. if you're looking for maximum acceleration and control...a stick is the way to go. plus..its just more fun. so yea...i'd suggest starting fresh. even if its just a 94 ls with a manual transmission. thats exactly what i have and yea...its not super fast, but i'm much much much happier than i was with that '91 corolla. hope this helps you make a decision.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The B20 is an excellent engine to put in your teg, but I fair warn you though, the stock Automatic tranny won't be able to handle the torque increase for very long. When I got my B20 put in, the automatic tranny worked fine for about 3 months, then it started slipping really bad & the torque converter is shot now. If anything, I would recommend doing a tranny swap to a 5-speed before going to an engine swap.

Realistic prices for this kind of swap is around:

$1500-1900 installed for the B20
$1000-1300 for a tranny swap

·
Registered
222 Posts
Integrity_96 on Aug/27/02 said:
The B20 is an excellent engine to put in your teg, but I fair warn you though, the stock Automatic tranny won't be able to handle the torque increase for very long. When I got my B20 put in, the automatic tranny worked fine for about 3 months, then it started slipping really bad & the torque converter is shot now. If anything, I would recommend doing a tranny swap to a 5-speed before going to an engine swap.

Realistic prices for this kind of swap is around:

$1500-1900 installed for the B20
$1000-1300 for a tranny swap
What kind of whp and 1/4mi times are you doing?
I'm thinking about a possible swap.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I haven't ran 1/4 yet since my automatic tranny has been slipping. Just to give you an idea of the power though. When the tranny was good. At a dead idle, leave it in normal drive & stomp the gas. It would peel out off the line, chirp 2nd, chirp 3rd, & torque steer really hard into 4th. Now, with the bad tranny, I raced my friend's Gen2 Integra LS 5-speed from a dead stop. I beat him by a little over a car length up to 120mph, then we shut down. Off the line we were side by side, then 2nd gear shoved me ahead & I stayed up there. He ran a 10.1 in the 1/8th, so I'm probably a 9.9 or a 10.0. Not bad for a slipping tranny, shot torque converter, hehe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts