Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my car to Maaco to get it re-painted, and also get a little body work done on my front bumper. It did not fit 100%, the whole bumper sat little low on the front and created a little bump. I asked them if they could fill in a little bit and make the transition from bumper to the rest of that car a little smoother. I got it back a few weeks ago and just noticed something today.

What the heck am I supposed to do if I need to take of the front bumper, it molded into the rest of the car!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah. A molded front bumper is usually considered really cool in the show car world.

But if you need to take it off, get out the dremel and saw-z-all. Then to get it to look right again, take it back to a shop and have them remold and repaint it.

I don't know if this is possible (something tells me it isn't) but you might be able to take the fenders and the bumper off together as a unit.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Your first mistake was taking the car to Maaco. They are not nearly skilled enough to do it the way you were asking, and thier price reflects that. I'm surprised it took you weeks to notice they molded your kit on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah well, I noticed it a while ago, and was like "cool", but I didn't realize, (until now) that I now cannot take off the bumper anymore.

Oh well, I'll just have to live with it and try to see if I can take off the bumper and fender in one piece if I ever need to take it off.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
That looks like a very nice mold job from the pics. I'm very suprised work like that would come out of a Maaco paint booth.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
you can take off the bumper, but you'll have to take off the side skirts first, then you'll have to take off the fenders and they're hooked to the bumper, just be very careful when ur taking it off that you don't let it flex too much, you might want to have a couple of buddies help you out w/ that..
it looks good!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Lithel on Oct/04/07 said:
Good idea ThePro, that's worth a try.

What I was hoping they would have done instead was siply to fill in the red part.

you should have just done it right instead of asking them to fill it in.. they did what you asked and did a damn good job from what i can see.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
bubsie007 on Oct/04/07 said:
you can take off the bumper, but you'll have to take off the side skirts first, then you'll have to take off the fenders and they're hooked to the bumper, just be very careful when ur taking it off that you don't let it flex too much, you might want to have a couple of buddies help you out w/ that..
it looks good!!
^^^

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.