Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Curious to know what Do a lot of you guys Run for strut set up and What motorsport you guys do. And if ur car is Daily driven.

I'm thinking about doing a 22mm rear bar, a progress or usdm Type R with koni yellows and Ground controls un sure of spring rates as of now the car will mostly do Autocross in STS or DSP and a few track days and still be a Daily driver. with Falken azenis for tires.

What are you guys running and what have u had luck or not have luck with?

Also just to add. Would the ASR sway bar Brace thing throw me out of STS or DSP? it looks like progess makes a similar brace too.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I do a fair bit of HPDE and auto-x

Setup:

Koni sp33 valved yellows
Ground Control 400/300 f/r
JDM 23mm sway bar
Comptech subframe brace
stock 24mm front sway bar
ITR front/rear upper strut braces
NRG 4pt lower tie
Omnipower ver2 LCA
slew of hardrace/spherical bushings

on the track it is extremely stable with a small amount of understeer. Otherwise the car is pretty neutral...it tends to slide more than push which helps with the fact that I have no LSD.

In order to figure out what you're allowed to run in a given class, you'll have to look it up in the rule book.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
I usually do my fair share of auto-x when I am not attending weddings and such.

Setup:
Koni SP3 yellows
H&R Race springs: Rate: Front- 460 Rear-350
Type R rear sway (22mm)
Comptech subframe brace/ lower tie bar
Skunk2 rear LCAs
Skunk2 front upper LCAs- adjustable
Password JDM 3 point front upper strut bar
Konig Britelites (11lbs each) with Azenis 615s

I run in STS but I know I shouldn't be. The comptech subframe bar DOES push you out... when I asked our region leader, he told me to just stay in STS anyway.

My car... Handles pretty nice. I would have to say that like Steve up there, its going to slide out rather than push. I however have more problems with the back of the car sliding out... it was fun getting used to that sway bar
I have let about half of the instructors and region leaders run my car and they all love it. The only thing I would change is to upgrade to some Ground Controls so I can have the thing corner weighted. (and I see thats your plan already)

Oh, and yes its my daily driver.

·
Registered
420 Posts
chickwithastick on Sep/26/07 said:
I usually do my fair share of auto-x when I am not attending weddings and such.
Lolz.. what are you a wedding crasher?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Trish, how many entrants are usually in your STS class? I am forbidden to run STS in my area, instead I get consistently killed by cars with more hp/drive wheels. Our pittsburgh STS class may be larger than your hence the reason I cannot stay in that class.

OP: Corner weighting is a plus, but it is not necessary. If you are already doing some auto-x now then put the parts in on thing at a time....it'll not only help with learning/feeling what each part does to your driving ability, but also direct your setup to best compliment your driving style. A particular setup is not beneficial to all drivers, it may even hinder some.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Strut bars are still in the mail but this is what I have

98+ JDM ITR front and rear Sway bars
ASR sub frame brace
Mugen Front and rear Strut bars
Tein Flex w/ EDFC
SSR Type-C 15x6.5 with Toyos

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Neuspeed 4-pt shock tower brace
Neuspeed rear upper strut bar
Cusco front lower tie bar
Megan Racing c-pillar bar
JDM ITR 23mm rear lower sway bar
ASR subframe brace
Custom trunk floor brace
Custom rear brace
Neuspeed race springs
KYB AGXs

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
I do a fair amount of auto-xing and hope to get into HPDE soon.

H&R Sport Springs
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed 4 point front strut bar
Skunk2 UCA's (aka camber kit)
Stock 24mm front sway
No rear strut bar
Ebay rear C-pillar bar (for looks and camera mounting)
Comptech rear sub frame brace and 22mm 3 way adjustable sway bar.
Skunk2 LCA's

I could pretty much copy and paste what trish said about her setup in here because they are almost identical with the exception of the spring rates. The car used to be daily driven which is why I went with the softer spring rates. Now that its not driven much on the street its time to get a real nice stiff coilover setup as well as a nice rear strut bar.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Koni Yellows
Skunk2 Coilovers
Ground Control Tophats
Stock 24mm Front Swaybar
ITR 22mm Rear Swaybar
ASR Subframe Brace
Skunk2 Front Upper Strut Bar
EM Racing Triangulated C-pillar bar,
EM Racing Diagonal bar
EM Racing Rear Strut bar
SRR Rear LCA's
Skunk2 Front UCA's/Camber kit

It is my daily driver and i just set the shocks to mid stiffness. a little less in the back so i dont get rotation on the streets.
When i Race i set full stiff though to get the better rear rotation.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
KSport coilovers (11k front, 6k rear)
KSport rear LCAs (2lbs each)
22mm rear sway bar (heim joint endlinks)
OEM 24mm front sway bar (polyurethane bushings)
Password:JDM triangulated front STB and regular rear STB
Benen front lower tie bar
Custom rear lower tie bar
a couple of polyurethane suspension bushings
Falken Hanabi 15x7" wheels (11lbs each) and 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta SPTs

I daily drive the car and occasionally do autocrosses (terrorizing the occasional STi or BMW), when I get the chance to. It does understeer at the limit while autocrossing, but I've found that my car's true strength is in higher-speed turns, so I really need to get myself out to some HPDE events...some proper suspension with a more balanced spring rate setup (read: Koni SPSS3 w/ GCs) wouldn't hurt either.

Coilovers will throw you out of any stock class...stock classes allow dampers but not springs.I'm not sure about the ASR brace, but you should be in STS with those mods.

Technically, if you follow the SCCA Solo2 rule book to the letter, any aftermarket STB has to be mounted with heim joints, and if it's solid, it'll throw you into Street Prepared (all other things equal), but I haven't seen anyone follow that rule cause everyone thinks it's retarded.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Daily Driver / Couple Auto-X Events a year
H&R Sports
Koni Yellows
Skunk2 UCA
22mm usdm rear sway/ ASR Brace
205/50/15 Azenis on SSR Type X
Love it for daily/ Rocks for Auto-X

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
dyingwish on Sep/26/07 said:
I do a fair bit of HPDE and auto-x

Setup:

Koni sp33 valved yellows
Ground Control 400/300 f/r
JDM 23mm sway bar
Comptech subframe brace
stock 24mm front sway bar
ITR front/rear upper strut braces
NRG 4pt lower tie
Omnipower ver2 LCA
slew of hardrace/spherical bushings

on the track it is extremely stable with a small amount of understeer. Otherwise the car is pretty neutral...it tends to slide more than push which helps with the fact that I have no LSD.

In order to figure out what you're allowed to run in a given class, you'll have to look it up in the rule book.
does that help? how far does it extend past the headers?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I can't honestly say it does much other than smooth out turn-in on the track. It clears my ITR header/2.5" cat by about 1/3". The bar running to the front LCA bolts sits right where the 4 header primaries merge into the 2.5" collector.

As for ground clearance it add less than one inch, so it's nothing much. The carbing version sits quite a bit lower than mine.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
ShanJaanM on Sep/26/07 said:
Quote: chickwithastick on Sep/26/07I usually do my fair share of auto-x when I am not attending weddings and such.

Lolz.. what are you a wedding crasher?

LOL no.. All of my cousins and friends have been getting married on auto-x days, or I have been traveling..

Quote: dyingwish on Sep/26/07 Trish, how many entrants are usually in your STS class? I am forbidden to run STS in my area, instead I get consistently killed by cars with more hp/drive wheels. Our pittsburgh STS class may be larger than your hence the reason I cannot stay in that class.

There are usually anywhere from 9 to 18 entrants for STS.

I believe my PWJDM 3 point front strut bar should bump me up a class as well.. they really aren't that strict unless someone complains. 98% of the people are out there just for fun.

Rule Book link

^^ That should help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it looks like most people run the 22mm rear bar. I've been autocrossing for around 4 years in my Subaru and use to be into honda's before I got my car. I was just unsure about the ASR brace.

the milwaukee region, most of the Fast drivers in sts are in the EF civic's that travel down to nationals and most of us don't have a chance.

So does everyone Run more front spring bias? It looks as if everyone runs a pretty siff front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.