Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
jojo on Feb/27/04 said:
Curious...why a 2.25" drop instead of a 2"?
Because beginners love the slammed look.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For something that low, you are probably better off with coilovers, something like GC or Skunk2. Better yet go for a true coilover system like Tein. However, if you insist on getting just springs, I recommend either Neuspeed Race Springs or H&R. I don't think they will give you a 2.25 drop though, but definetly little to no wheel gap at all. Also check the articles on the site for more detailed specs.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
sak on Feb/27/04 said:
Quote: jojo on Feb/27/04Curious...why a 2.25" drop instead of a 2"? Because beginners love the slammed look.
---werd---

A 2" drop will be about 1/2" from the tires. But It looks lower than that until you get your eyes perallel with the top of the tires or you stand a ways back.
If your going for the look only... you will need a coil over sleeve or a full coil over system.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
In Reply To sak:
Quote: jojo on Feb/27/04 Curious...why a 2.25" drop instead of a 2"?

Because beginners love the slammed look.

Why does he have to be a beginner?

He may not care all that much about the ride and just wants it LOW....doesn't make him a beginner

That was kinda frank/rude........just cause someone likes a look doesn't mean they are a beginner/noob!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
90_integraLS on Feb/27/04 said:
Why does he have to be a beginner?

He may not care all that much about the ride and just wants it LOW....doesn't make him a beginner

That was kinda frank/rude........just cause someone likes a look doesn't mean they are a beginner/noob!
... and why do you have to take things so seriously?

If you don't look at anything else besides the look, then you really are a beginner. Non-beginners (lol, is that even a word) at least look for the spring rate, shock, application, etc when upgrading their suspension.

In his case, its just for eliminating that wheel gap. Oh no wait... he's not sure?

You still think is not a beginner?

·
Registered
464 Posts
sak on Feb/27/04 said:
Quote: 90_integraLS on Feb/27/04Why does he have to be a beginner?

... and why do you have to take things so seriously?

If you don't look at anything else besides the look, then you really are a beginner. Non-beginners (lol, is that even a word) at least look for the spring rate, shock, application, etc when upgrading their suspension.

In his case, its just for eliminating that wheel gap. Oh no wait... he's not sure?

You still think is not a beginner?
sak just pwned you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey I'm just letting you know that I was worried about loseing my stock ride, and a buddy of mine bought some Sprint springs and It was aight So for the Money I bought some sprint springs as well and threw them on KYB performance Gas shocks and the drop was 2.25 in the front and 2.5 in the rear and I love the ride its really smooth but if you have a set of 17's they have an extreme drop which is like 3"s and and my friend has a 3" on his teg and it looks great. plus for the springs and the struts I paid less than $400 to drop the whole car. If you had any guestions just hit me up. Hope I could help.

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
dude. sprint springs are pretty nice. 2.5 in the front, 2.25 in the back. gives you that slanted "drag look" but discretely. its also nice because it levels off more if you ever decide to load the back with passengers. good luck on your decision, bro.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think that your best bet would go with either coilover's, or for a the same price as a good coil over, get an airbag system. If performance is not a necesity to you, then I would think it'd be pretty sweet to have an airbag system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.