Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im rebuilding my system. So far all i had was bass and now im gonna go more for quality. Im looking to buy a set of Kicker Resolution RS6c Components in the front to replace the stock 6 1/2" speakers and tweeters. Is this a good decision? I cant find much on the speakers but they are supposed to be Kicker's best, and I love kicker. Also, what should I get to replace my rear speakers? 2-way, 3-way, Mid-Range? Im not going to be amping these right away but hopefully ill be able to get a kicker 700.5 to power my system similar to MorningZ's but with 2 12" Kicker Comp Vr's instead of a Solobaric. Let me know what you think should go into the back and if you have any suggestions on the components or the system as a whole.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can put anything that will fit back there but I would stick with the three ways. It will sound good especially with all that base right behind it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got 2 6.5 pioneer 3 ways in back and 2 pioneer 5.25 2 ways in front. Im gonna get an MTX 12 that should be enough.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah, but if im putting a full component system in the back, im not sure 3 ways will balance out the system. I dont need them producing highs in the back because thats not what the rear speakers are meant for. I have heard reports that putting 3 ways in the back makes the system sound wierd because it outputs the wrong levels for rear speakers. I dont know if this is true or not, but thats why im posting =).

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got ADS 32IS separates in the front doors with the crosovers mounted in the door paneling.

In the rear I have two 6.5 Eclipse Coaxials with angled tweeter built in.

the system is running off a nakamichi ps405 4 ch.

the sub is a sealed Pioneer 300w 12" sub 2 ch bridged.

Spend the most on the fronts. The rears aren't too important. My front speakers alone were 7 bills

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey man if you think that a pair of seperates or a set of two ways would sound better go for it. I'm just a fan of having things more balanced then just loud. I don't like having all bass and nothing else in the back but that's me. If you don't want highs in the back don't put anything back there or just get a 6.5 mid-bass speaker.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would go with the 3-ways in the back for rear fill. I think that with the proper amplification and tuning of the speakers, be it from the deck, or from the amps you won't get overwhelming treble, but nice tight sound. You could go 2-ways as well, but I like the crisp sound from the 3-ways. Without the rear fill I think you may find a dead spot in your sound.

A

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Whoa...some of these replies scare me a bit.

Okay, focus on your fronts. First off, get components up there if you can. If not, then don't go on the notion that a 3-way is better than a 2-way because that's not always true. Go listent to a bunch of speakers and base your decision off of that.

Okay, after you choose those, you don't have to get anything for the rears because they're mostly fill speakers. But if you do, just get something that's along the same brand line that your fronts are, that way they'll be voice matched and have the same timbre...resulting in a better blend of sound overall. And don't get anything larger than 2-way for the back.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx cheeze. Ive already decided on the fronts seeing that i can get the resolutions new for $189 which is a 50%+ discount and theyre kicker =). Why wouldnt you put something larger then a 2way in the back? Also, just for clarification, im trying not to have an all bass system but going for a crisp, clean sounding system that can play all varietys of music, just not hip hop.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I dont know if this will help but here i go.

accordint to my buddy who works at a car audio place, you should work on the front, with a nice set of components, and the rear speakers do not matter, u can just take them out if u like. My buddy segests just putting in a nice set of 6.5 coaxials.

then you can work on the bass with a nice amp and a sub.

depensing on your goals, you would be able to pick the right amp and sub. Thats what I'm doing to my ssytem with a rockford 500 amp and one 12" sealed sub in the rear.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you have the money go with Mcintosh coaxials all the way around if not get the eclipse coaxial in the rear they sound amazing and eclipse components for the front.you should be able to get the eclipse stuff for a decent price.plan on spending some half-decent coin though or you'll regret it, i sure did but i learned my lesson.do it right. do it once

1 - 12 of 12 Posts