Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to be the first B18C1 Integra that has been Megasquirted. I'm not finding any info on anybody who has done this to their car before, so I'm going to be asking a series of questions like this probably.

I'm wondering if anybody knows or can find out how strong of a signal goes into the Vtec solenoid on a P72 (95 Integra GSR). The wire on the ECU is A4, color is green/yellow. I need to know what kind of ohms this wire requires as well as volts.

There are a few other pins that I'm wondering, in detail, what they do. Also, is the stock Knock sensor worth crap or should I just not even bother with it? I hear that Honda just disabled it when Vtec kicks over.

D1WHT/BLUVBUBack Up Power
D2GRN/WHTBKSWbrake switch
B8GRNPSPSWPSP switch
B9BLU/WHTSTARTER SIGNALstarter signal
A21YEL/GRNICMICM

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found that the Vtec Solenoid runs on 12v, now my only other question would be the ohms and amps, would too much burn it out or is this thing strong?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah...just round 1000 Volts through it...

I'm pretty sure the knock sensor was only put onto cars with vtec....so I highly doubt honda would just disable as soon as vtec engages.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OPI-GSR on Jan/25/06 said:
I'm pretty sure the knock sensor was only put onto cars with vtec....so I highly doubt honda would just disable as soon as vtec engages.
I only said that because I've heard from a few sources that the harmonics vs. Knock sensor strength isn't the greatest when Vtec engauges. Also that Honda has a very weak knock sensor to begin with. It really didn't make sense to me either but I just went with what I heard. It wouldn't hurt to make an input for a knock sensor and try it out anyway.

Alright, thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.