Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my car tuned and dynoed today. I was at 182 whp before I added the Skunk2 ECU chip and Toda flywheel.

The mods I had on with the 182 whp are:

Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, gears, valve springs, retainers
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
VAFC
DC Sports 4-1
AEM CAI
Greddy Power Extreme

Cam gears were set at 0,0, because the guy didn't know what he was doing..It's going somewhere else today!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Are you tuning it or just getting a baseline w/ the settings at 0,0? I'm assuming that you're going to try get some midrange back, right?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Many dynoshop operators I have spoken with over the phone say that they wont touch the camgears unless they know the exact specs of your cams; the're worried about piston to valve clearance. The guy did say that you can do it yourself on the dyno, but I admit, I don't know sh*t about tuning, so I won't touch it

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skunk2, says go 1, 1..I might have them try this. The owner is doing the tuning and dynoing, so hopefully he knows what's best.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You should have some midrange this time! Your last tuning phase was non-ideal. I hope you get what you
are hoping for.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
a lighter flywheel won't register a hp gain...been there, done that...

it's a transient response improvement not a dyno improvement.

as far as a preprogrammed chip goes, it's variable and it certainly won't make as much as a custom chip done on the dyno at the time of tuning. 4-5 whp in the midrange is pretty good for a chip. Yoshio (the guy I use) has gained as much as 8 whp up top on a custom chip. Some preprogrammed one size fits all chips for certain packages make nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts