Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 97 ls and its an automatic and i hate auto matic. so i searched around and found a place who will do the whole swap for 3500.00 that includes gsr transmission, gsr ecu, master and slave cylinder, clutch pedel set, linkage kit, racing clutch (hdss), light weight flywheel, short shifter, and labor.
but when i do this i will also have to do the frankenstein which will run me 1735.00 which includes oil line kit, mach. head w/titanium seal and some extras, top end set, timing belt, machining, and labor.
is this worth it or should i just spend the money and get a type r or gsr? and i already have almost all the bolt on's and nx kit. is it worth it or not.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
well, just to let you know, when you do a frankenstein, you wont be able to use your ls header, intake (wont fit), and maybe more depending on what you get for your cyl. head. you would have more problems out of a ls-vtec than a regular gs-r or a type r, but it would be faster if built right. if you have a good, reputable machine shop around you and KNOW they do good work, then i'd say do it, cuz that would be a nice power improvement

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
my opinion... not worth it. find an old used GSR if you really wanna fix up an integra with VTEC.

if you do the manual swap, don't forget about the upper transmission mount. place or hasport makes one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.