Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my new car that is gonna last me a while hopefully. i got it for a decent price. at first, the seller wanted 2500, but i said 2300 and he agreed. after bringing the car to a mechanic he said the clutch was going to be bad after a while so i told the seller and he knocked off another 300 so it was 2000. then another mechanic told me not to purchase it because the car seems like it has been in an accident in the front passenger side. so i told the guy i didnt want it anymore, and in the end we both agreed for 1000. i dont think its bad at all. the mechanic checked and there are absolutely no maintenance issues, nothing needs to be fixed as of now, except for cosmetics issues. everything is stock. oh by the way, theres only 59,000 original miles on it :) and it had a clean car fax. anyways, cosmetics wise is not so great, but its runnign very good inside. any suggestions? some people told me just to leave it the way it is. what do you think? thanks!

dunno why pics arent working. maybe my photobucket is down.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
no pics.

·
Registered
968 Posts
good price, My 1st car was about that much and had twice the miles and wasn't a acura soo good job, Those 59k miles must have been hell.. lol but good job on the find.. i'd say with that low of miles and saving a lot of money on the purchase you could do alot to it i'd first work on security before you do anything major to it. lots of great articels on here about that.
everyone on here will tell you to lower it and put the exaust and pretty much tell you the same stuff.. just do what you want, like you said if you're going to be keeping it awhile better do what you like... but like i said and im sure everyone will agree work on security 1st.

·
Registered
32 Posts
are the scrapes on the rear bumper through the paint? if not you might be able to make it look better with some simple green...worked for me...also that stuff works great to get black **** from muffler off bumpers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
accent0002 on Sep/29/07 said:
are the scrapes on the rear bumper through the paint? if not you might be able to make it look better with some simple green...worked for me...also that stuff works great to get black **** from muffler off bumpers
i dont think they are deep scrapes. my friend told me that with a little wax and time, it would probably come offf. thats what im hoping for

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
fix the car cancer get a paint job and get rid of those lights. and that car is teh sex. after all that you still got a hell of a deal for 1k with only 59k miles, thats crazy.

·
Registered
829 Posts
for other security. you could start with a fuel kill switch i havent done it myself cause im not that good with wires. There is an article i just cant seem to find it but im sure someone here can for you. Its saved alot of tegs here

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
one thing I do know is that the paint (or what's left of it) that is on there right now is not the original paint from the factory... (Notice how the side moldings are color matched white like mine are?) That means that the paint got so bad, even before how it sits now, that it had to be painted again lol. Are you sure it hasn't been in an accident before? It must've just been left somewhere outside and the paint was never cared for...

I would definitely take care of the rust first, give it a good clean through, and then paint it. I had those taillights once, but I ended up hating them cuz they looked ricey.

With only 59K miles on it, it is DEFINITELY worth restoring the cosmetics. You'll be alot happier with it if it looks clean, and if you ever sell it in the future, you'll get more money back out of it.

I say clean it up and go from there! Nice find!

Oh, and on your first pic you blurred the plates, but not on the rear shot. Squiggle that sucker out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the advice. the owner of the car didnt have a garage so it was left int he street. as you can see all the graffiti on the walls the area is pretty bad. this car once had a body kit, but the front bumper and side skirts were stolen, and so was the radio. so i can only imagine how much abuse it been through, not accidents though.
only thing, as i stated, was the suv backing up onto the hood, which caused a slight shift in frame. but that is all, at least to my knowledge.

·
Registered
968 Posts
bknewtype on Sep/28/07 said:
what kidn of security? the car itself came with a car alarm but i dont know if thats good enough.
Well is it a Good security system? Considering how poorly it was taken care of probably not.. You could do the fuel cut off, or the hood latch relocate. or buy one of those clubs that lock the steering wheel and break pedal from autozone for like 35 dollars... With only 59k you'll be able to have that car a looong time, my car has 185 and its a 97... but only had one owner that had all records to it and it was VERY well cared for and still is. its in perfect cond. but yeah that car will last you if you treat it right.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
best security system is to leave the body how it is, no joke. :p

I'd say get a basic alarm system for it, if you've got a couple hundred bucks to spare maybe even a viper alarm system or a clifford. My security system for my 1990 celica is to not wash it and leave all the body damage the way it was when I bought it. Hell I even used to leave that thing unlocked cuz it was so crappy, but it grew on me so I lock it now haha no alarm system on it.

But seriously now, if you want that car to stay your car get a basic alarm system, doesn't even need keyless entry or anything, just something that'll beep.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.