Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im walking to my car after school on monday and i see a a big dent in my fender. so i walk back to the school and talk to one of the principals and he says come back in the morning. so today i went back to him and he said that the school isnt responsible for the dent because we dont know exactly how it was made, and that there is no pt. in fileing a police report.

so after school i get an estimate it he said it will cost $600 repair and $800 to replace just one fender.

so im asking you all for advice for what i should do. should i call up my insurance and deel with them and maybe have my rates raised,or should i buy sum z3 fenders and paint them and put them on or what.

please help me out

·
Registered
532 Posts
well, by looking at your age 16 and seeing how this is a minor thing only 800.00 *max i'd just replace that on my own. Because like most insurance companies if you get into a few accidents they'll drop ya and is it worth being dropped for a 800.00 thing? i think not! Now if your front end were smashed that'd be a different story entirly.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here's wise advice... Buy a new fender from Acura (they can't be more than 300!) Find a reputable person to paint it right/match the color for lets say 150-200. Thats the route I would go if I were you.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Teggyman on Feb/10/04 said:
Here's wise advice... Buy a new fender from Acura (they can't be more than 300!) Find a reputable person to paint it right/match the color for lets say 150-200. Thats the route I would go if I were you.
What a waste of money. People sell their fenders here on TI for $100 all the time and sometimes they are even the right color. I got a mint condition frost white fender for $110. If you don't want it here get it at a junkyard.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm sure you can find one for a LOT cheaper than what they quoted you. Z3's on ebay are like 100 for fiberglass, and 150-200 for Steel for a set. Personally, i like the Z3's. good luck!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I WOULD NOT GO THRU INSURANCE!! I was recently in an accident in which my car was totaled, to try to make a long story short, I had been w/ the company(State Farm) for 6 Yrs, always had full Coverage (so they got alot of money from me)!!! I had made 2 Windshield claims in a 3 year period and when I was in my Accident my car was totaled, they dropped my insurance saying I had made to many claims, I was now considered a liability, funny thing was is at approx 250.00 per month over 6 yrs that is a lot of money, (car I wrecked was a Daewoo.. dont laugh it was a 11,000.00 car and was supposed to be my daily driver)I think I covered that in all the money I had paid over the years.... do what most people above said fix it your self. nowadays the Insurance company will drop you for bullsh*t
Sorry it is such a long post just wanted to make sure I got my point across!!!
Good Luck
Michele

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if something is not your fault, they won't raise your rates, but I could be wrong. If you do claim it, you wouldn't save much anyway, most premiums are like $500-$1000.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Yup the will raise your insurance. Think about it, you can easily get a used fender for $50 and get it painted for another $100. With the insurance company they're probably going to make you pay a duductible which is usually around $500 which you have to pay out of your pocket and then they cover the other $300 + raising your insurance.

Also the place that gave you that price qoute is a f**kin Rip OFF. A New Fender is no more then $200 at the dealership. $200 for a new fender and $600 for parts and labor??? Thats BS.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Brian, i dunno how insurance works in other states but i was in a hit and run, the guy just bolted if i ever see him again hes dead, well anyways the damage was about 300 dollars and heres what insurance said, anyways we wont take care of it cuz theres a 500 dollar deductable, and if they did take care of it it will raise the insurance. ANYTIME u go to insurance and they spend money on u tey raise ur payments no matter what, unless of course if its a natural disester but then its not ur insurance paying.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thnx for all the help guys. i just bought a pair of z3 fenders off ebay for 98 and 90 shipping. i thnk that is really good for a pair. now i just need to get them painted and i thnk i could install... i doubt that would be hard. but thnx alot to evryone who gave me their opinions.

·
Registered
690 Posts
post pics when you get them installed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts