Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 auto teg and I would really like to have a 5 speed and want to stay with an integra Im just stuck as to what to do should I sell my car when I fingd a 5 speed teg or should I start saving up for a auto to manual conversion?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would just sell the auto and try to find a standard. Honestly it would be too big of a hassle to swap from auto to manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had my 97 ls-vtec changed from an atomatic to a 5 speed it wasnt that much of a hassle but im in love wut my car and i wouldnt give it up thats y i ahd it done, and i dint cost me much cause my uncle owns a garage so i dont know how much it would cost u to do it?

·
Registered
890 Posts
It may cost more to change to an auto, but considering the hassle of re-buying a car I wouldn't. I'm not sure which tranny you should get, but I'd look for one from a type R, or possibly, (some-one correct me if this is worng,) one from a true SIR. From what i remember reading somewhere the SIR has lower gear ratios, resulting in quicker accleration. It also has the factory LSD as well. The only downside I see to it is the whole fact of your milage will probably not be much different from your auto, and this tranny may take a whiel to lcoate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you should do the coversion because it would be an even biger hassel to sell your car and find another one. Do it you won't regret it!

·
Registered
359 Posts
one day....when i have the money, i will be swapping my auto out

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I heard it might be even better too do this. Auto too 5 Speed then do a LS/VTec Swap, and it might even be faster then a stock GSR but I'm not sure..

·
Registered
359 Posts
integra_guy on Aug/20/02 said:
I heard it might be even better too do this. Auto too 5 Speed then do a LS/VTec Swap, and it might even be faster then a stock GSR but I'm not sure..
it had damn well better be faster than a gsr after all that.

any ls/vtec that isn't faster than a stock gsr has a f*cked up install

·
Registered
87 Posts
Swap out the tranny...That's what I'm doing next summer. I love my car way too much to sell it, even if I was to get another integra. I couldn't part with it.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
To swap auto to manual its going to be around $1,500. I know, I looked into it but im going to get the swap done after the factory warrenty is over. Im still deciding on the Gs, GSR, or the Type R trans. Please help me decide...

·
Registered
271 Posts
wow...$1,500 for a tranny swap sounds like quite a deal...this includes the tranny as well as the labor to install? From what I've heard, there's a lot to be done (in terms of linkages) when converting from an auto to a manual.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
ucfknight37 on Aug/21/02 said:
wow...$1,500 for a tranny swap sounds like quite a deal...this includes the tranny as well as the labor to install? From what I've heard, there's a lot to be done (in terms of linkages) when converting from an auto to a manual.
Yeah around $1,500 under $2,000 some where in there for parts and labor.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yah that includes everything and the shop here that does it has done quite a few and they havent complained about if it was hard or not so its possible and not that much $$.

as far as what tranny to get, if your going turbo get the ls tranny cause the gears are longer and its good for turbos, allows it to spool more.

·
Registered
359 Posts
phatintegra on Aug/21/02 said:
Quote: ucfknight37 on Aug/21/02wow...$1,500 for a tranny swap sounds like quite a deal...this includes the tranny as well as the labor to install? From what I've heard, there's a lot to be done (in terms of linkages) when converting from an auto to a manual.
Yeah around $1,500 under $2,000 some where in there for parts and labor.

[/quote]
what shop do you plan on going to for this?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
daNattyFatty

Im taking it up to my freinds shop in Fredrick T&S. They might charge you a little bit more. My freind is cutting me a deal on the labor ($400) he said it takes about 3-4 days, maybe shorter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts