Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hm, there might be a better chance of an RSX R though, since they have given us Integra R's here before. As far as I know though we have never had an Accord R in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
In 2004, the Acura TSX goes on sale. About the size of a 4-door Integra, it's basically a European market Accord. It will have base and Type S Versions, with the latter getting a ~240 hp 2.4 litre iVTEC 4-cylinder and a 6-speed manual.

No R version has been spoken of.

I'd rather see the RSX Type-R first, though.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I would rather have the Integra Type R, just so we can have the name back =) I like the new RSX but wish they could of just kept the Integra name.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I used to work for Honda...we'll never see either of them!!!! The closest we'll get to JDM will be the Q45 coupe and the 350z....strikes a shocking resemblance to the prototype r35 skyline...and lets not forget the Sentra Vspec...I believe Nissan is the only make that really gives a sh*t about JDM...what do we get from Honda, but Factory Performance..a cosmetic way to say your not seeing anything from over seas any time soon!!!! The only reason we got the Vspec Sentra is because people were pushing for the infamous sr20det which wouldn't pass the emissions standards here, so they brought an all-motor one over...Smart thinking by nissan!!! If we see anything from Honda it'll be a hatchback civic type R!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
The acura TSX is the same as the new accord..honda offers a six speed 240 hp accord..in the states...you can even get one with a Navi!!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yea Honda likes to keep its JDM vehicles in their homeland. The US will continue to get the "watered"-down versions of their cars.

·
Registered
987 Posts
jdmdc2integra on Nov/13/02 said:
I used to work for Honda...we'll never see either of them!!!! The closest we'll get to JDM will be the Q45 coupe and the 350z....strikes a shocking resemblance to the prototype r35 skyline...and lets not forget the Sentra Vspec...I believe Nissan is the only make that really gives a sh*t about JDM...what do we get from Honda, but Factory Performance..a cosmetic way to say your not seeing anything from over seas any time soon!!!! The only reason we got the Vspec Sentra is because people were pushing for the infamous sr20det which wouldn't pass the emissions standards here, so they brought an all-motor one over...Smart thinking by nissan!!! If we see anything from Honda it'll be a hatchback civic type R!!!
sorry bro,but in japan the emissions are harder to pass.its crash test they cant pass

·
Registered
659 Posts
So why don't they make a turbo Sentra?..... It won't pass emissions!!! That was my point....just the Sentra...I didn't say anything about any other car not passing emissions!!! By the way that brings up an interesting rumor that I heard....someone once told me that to bring a car over to the US....they have to crash test it several times...I think it's bs, but you never know whats goin on in this country!!!! That also reminds me..Elements...you may very well be right, but tell me why they have to do all these emissions work to Skylines when they bring them over? It wouldn't make sense to make the emissions worse!!! It costs several thound dollars to legalize a jdm car.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts