Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have now had my permit here in PA for a little over 6 months and I can go for my licence. I will do so soon. But for my first car I want a Teg. Prefered a '97 2dr manual. I don't know what type yet, would you guys suggest any kind. I will hook it up to race and for show. It don't have to be a '97 just make a suggestion and back it up with some facts. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
here ya go that shows the differences between all the models. A gsr would probably be your best bet, but depending on insurance prices for a 16 yr old with the most stolen vehicle you may need to go with a ls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks, I'll start them reading them now.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
2nd gen. GSR. your insurance won't kill you as much as with a 3rd gen GSR, and they are just as fun to drive. Good luck finding one though.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
type r.. he now. surferX can be very biased.. lucky duck actually has a type r.. lol.. u'll be happy with any integra you get.. ls has the cheapest insurance.. and u can swap out engines later and still have the ls insurance.. mwa ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Budget wise LS, luxary wise GS/Special Edition/ Basic dont care about sunroof or abs and black moldings RS Comfy and fast GSR/ Strict performance Type R

LS/RS/GS/Special Edition 142hp auto/5spd
GSR 172hp 5spd only
Type R 195hp 5spd only

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm happy with my 1998 GSR, also you can tune a GSR B18C1 engine to be better than a stock B18C5 Type R engine, if you really wanted to... They're both same, just tuned differently.

·
Registered
461 Posts
bigcooncie95ls on Sep/18/02 said:
Furious94LS. I think that you meant a Type R is a 6 speed not 5 like you listed there. Just dont want annyone hearing wrong info
the type r is a 5 speed. the 2003 rsx/integra type r might be a 6 speed

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Prodigy on Sep/18/02 said:
Alright, I have now had my permit here in PA for a little over 6 months and I can go for my licence. I will do so soon. But for my first car I want a Teg. Prefered a '97 2dr manual. I don't know what type yet, would you guys suggest any kind. I will hook it up to race and for show. It don't have to be a '97 just make a suggestion and back it up with some facts. Thanks.
get whatever you can afford as long as it's a integra your in good hands

1 - 15 of 15 Posts