Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my gf and I are driving home form lunch, and I notice a weird sound coming from the rear of the car. So, I turn off my stereo to get a better sound and it sounds like I'm driving with a flat..........that lub,lub,lub sound - that increases in frequency as you accelerate. So I pull over and check my right rear tire and it looks fine - I now checked the pressure and its also fine so now I'm stumped, and worried.

If anyone has had a similar problem or has any idea what it could be - please feel free to enlighten me.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Sounds like a bad wheel bareing. I would have it checked out asap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this bad wheel baring.... is that a huge problem?
How much should I be expecting to fork out for that prob?
btw thanks for the replies

·
Registered
404 Posts
It could also be that the tire has thrown the belt, I would take the tire to a shop and have it looked at, just another option

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Put your spare on and see if the sound goes away. If it does, the tire may be bad. If the sound is still there, it may be the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
hmm... i was screwing around trying to drift and dragged both rear tires with the e-brake on and made a real nice flat spot on both rear tires... they were both going "thump thump thump thump thump thump" until i replaced them.... not a good idea to try drifting on a new set of tires... anyways... it could be a lot of things... you might have just lost the weight(s) off the wheel and now it's just out of balance. or the wheel bearing is shot. first place i'd go is a tire place cuz getting a tire fixed/replaced is cheaper than the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys. I started another post yesterday after finding a screw(with a washer) stuck in my tire. It was on the inside edge of the tire - so kind of hard to spot........but anyways after being told that it cant be patched by one shop, I went to another and they said it wasnt a problem - so its all fixed now for 20 bucks.
..........and yesterday I was told I had to spend 200 on a new tire - I guess it really pays to get a second opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts