Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Don't use Windex on tint... never... you gotta use the Tint Safe stuff... and newspaper is awesome.

It's not coming out right because you're not taking your time. Take plenty of time, do it over a few times, dont flood the window with windex, and don't put too little. Just a nice ammount.

There's really no way we can really explain this in detail, but try it again and again.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I've heard of ppl use lemon + vinegar, and then the newspaper.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Finally, all glass should be cleaned and removed of oils. A great technique being used by detailers for years is newsprint. That’s right, your normal every day black and white newspaper. The ink in newspaper, when used with a light lubricant acts as a fine polish. This polish lightly removes weather damage, and embedded dirt, which then clings to the paper itself providing a great cleaning action. Using a light glass cleaner such as diluted Windex and newspaper does wonders. Make sure you never use this technique on the rear window, as it has thin wires, which are use to defrost and any abrasives from the ink could damage them.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
To be honest, I've never used the newspaper method. I've heard about it, of course, but I've just never been dissatisfied with my windows enough to resort to newsprint. on the insides I don't use anything but a dry microfiber. I don't smoke in the car or anything like that, so they stay pretty clean. on the exterior I just use Invisible Glass or Advanage. As long as you don't go nuts with it then its easy to clean your glass to a streak free shine.

By the way, I've heard nothing but good things about the newspaper thing. I guess I just have a fear of papercuts or something. lol Just don't do it on the inside with your tint. Polishing is not what your tint job needs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All of my glass seems to have really bad water stains on the outside (from rain and such) and a nasty filmy soap scummish haze on the inside. Would the newspaper and glass cleaner work on getting these problems off? I've tried everything possible except the newspaper.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Newspaper and window cleaner are the best way to clean your windows. I found this out b/c my dad works at a body shop, so when they have to prepare a car to go out, they use that method to clean the windows. Trust me, it works like a charm! I tried using paper towels,but it did nothing but make it worse b/c it left streeks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.