Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a black tube about maybe 3~5 inch thick
it start from front, behind radiator, just beside big fan.
it goes to the back of the engin.
there is platic clip in the middel for holding.

what is this tube?
I noticed it is empty when car is not running
and then when I drive around , it is filled tight with some gas/air or some sort...
is it supposed to be like that?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i hope you're not serious... that's probably the coolant hose.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i believe that is the coolant hose as nospeedlimit said. when you drive around and hit a certain temp. in your engine, the coolant is realeased into the engine to cool things down through that hose.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Give the guy a break, not everyone knows cars, or knows anything about them in this case. If its big, black, and goes into the block and the radiator its youre coolant hose. Its full when youre driving because youre water pump is pumping coolant water through it and through youre engine cooling it. When youre engine is stopped the water is no longer under pressure so the hose isnt firm, perfectly normal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roger that!
i was just worried...

i had to ask, or else, how am i gonna learn ?

oh yea, it's probably smaller than 3~5 inch.
I dont know inches cuz I use cm

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i didn't mean to sound like a dick earlier... i just take stuff for granted i guess. sorry dude... hope your 'teg is okay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nospeedlimit143 on Aug/20/02 said:
i didn't mean to sound like a dick earlier... i just take stuff for granted i guess. sorry dude... hope your 'teg is okay.
hey man, no need to apologize.
it's cool, you didn't sound like dick.
I appreciate that you tried to help out
I would probably LOL too if I know as much as you guys.
:)

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Everyones gotta start somewhere. Read all the articles, read the boards and youll be good. Theres also alot of books out there for beginners just getting into cars, so if youre interested in becoming "car savvy" there are alot of ways to do it. But for detailed information about youre car, this is the number one place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts