Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly aquired car had water in the spare tire well when I bought it. Dried everything out and left the rear trim panel out, but bith side panels are still in. Car sat in a light rain and the well stayed dry. Ended up driving through a moderate rain, and when I stopped there was a little water in there, so I don't know if it was from rain or road splash. It looks like the origination point is in the far rear of the well, under the jack, but I am not certain. I have not yet located the sunroof drains. If this is the problem, how does the water get from the drain into the well? Is there an origination point at the far rear of the well, or do I need to keep looking?

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
Read the article section there is a whole shpeele about water in the trunk. ****, theres a swimming pool in the back of mine right now, all I need are some fish and I'll call it custom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I had read all of the articles before I posted. As the story seems to go, water can enter via the taillight gaskets, hatch seal, or sunroof drains. I have the rear trim panel off, so if there were a leak from taillights or the hatch seal, I would think that I would see some sign of water on the rear panel headed down into the tire well. I don't see this. The sunroof drains, according to the articles that I read, are behind the side panels over the wheelwells. That would tend to indicate that there would be water on the horizontal flat portion of the floor headed down into the spare tire well. I don't see this either. This is why I asked the question, that I could not find in searching, is how does the water get from the drain into the well? Is there an origination point at the far rear of the well, or do I need to keep looking?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
The solution: Tape some mead lined white paper to everywhere possibly that the water can come from.. Wait until it rains or go through a car wash. See what papers get wet, that is where your leak is from.

-Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.