Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing well in these troubling times. My transmission is going out and I've decided to keep it automatic and rebuild it. I've decided to go with level 10, but wanted to make sure they supported the transmission model that's in my car. I also read somewhere on the forums a while ago that the torque converter in the automatics were the weaker link, and wanted to see what you guys thought about that/know about that. I'm not planning on increasing the hp significantly in any way so I wanted to know if a stock torque converter would do the job. Actually on that topic if I'm just going to keep basically stock power, would a stock rebuild be fine or should I opt for the upgraded kit?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have an LS w/auto and I read (15 years ago) in a magazine that someone had their Auto tranny "built" for performance and improved their quarter mile time by .1 sec. I think Level 10 did it and they're a reputable business.
Getting one from a junk yard is a big gamble, because if they told the public the actual miles, they wouldn't ever sell it nor would they be able to compete with their lying competition.
Keep us updated on the rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I think I'm just going to go with an oem rebuild for some warrantied longevity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts