Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the story. I bought my teg a few months ago from a private owner. He told me it was a 97 integra, thats it. Here is the confusing part. There is a marker on the back that says DOHC V-tec, like on some gsr's i have seen, but my engine is not v-tec. At first i thought the guy put it on there as a cover up for an ls, but as i looked farther into the engine i realized that a butt load of engine parts have a yellow mark from the junk yard. like 15 things! And they all connect to the motor. Does this mean that he probably sold the gsr motor, and swapped it for an ls? Or did he trash the old motor, and rebuild it with parts from the junk yard. Is there any other way to tell if it is a gsr. Please help.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
look at your vin number....if it starts with DC4 that its an LS. If it starts with DC2 than it used to be a GSR and somehow got robbed of its engine. Another way to tell...does it have factory looking front strut bar? If it does its probably a GSR. Pics would help to man.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Well to get to the bottom of this ...

... Check the VIN # ... and see what it came from the factory as ...

... Then go from there to see what the previous owner did with it ...

EDIT: .. A bunch of people beat me to it as i was writing this post ... damnit.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
97TeggyLover on Feb/14/06 said:
Wow, so instead of being a gsr, i ended up having the bottom of the barrel integra. I still love her though. Thanx alot for the help guys.Now i can sleep at night.

just think of it this way....you have less that can break lol. My power doorlocks are acting up. No sunroof = more rigid chassis. Its still a teg just minus some of the luxury....like the EVO RS's......$30k and they still dont have power windows/locks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Wow, so instead of being a gsr, i ended up having the bottom of the barrel integra. I still love her though. Thanx alot for the help guys.Now i can sleep at night.

Besides, turboed LSs ROCK!! They rock harder than a GSR! Besides, I think VTEC is over-rated and this coming from a GSR owner.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just think of it this way....you have less that can break lol. My power doorlocks are acting up. No sunroof = more rigid chassis. Its still a teg just minus some of the luxury....like the EVO RS's......$30k and they still dont have power windows/locks
[/QUOTE]

Well, not exactly. because i did have power door locks and a trunk popper installed with my alarm system. Well i have an automatic trunk, somewhat, take that l/s.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts

Well, not exactly. because i did have power door locks and a trunk popper installed with my alarm system. Well i have an automatic trunk, somewhat, take that l/s.

haha well if it does break its cheaper and easier to replace

·
Registered
164 Posts
as a fellow RS owned u are missing out on a maplight, sunroof, cruise control, ABS, AC (might have been dealer isntalled as an option though), have those uber sexy RS hub caps, and cant think of anything elsee off the top of my head

oh and my RS DID come with power doorlocks and windows, i think its teh pre 94 RS models that didnt have those as powered features

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.