Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you say Meguiar is a good wax. Is it better then turtle wax. What is a good wax that you can find a auto zone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When i saw your subject line Meguiars came right to my mind. I use Meguiars myself and i love it. it seems to give it a better shine and the protection is suposed to be better then most brands.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Meguires Gold Class paste works very well.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Gold Class has a nice shine but it is not very durrible and it is a cleaner wax. Read more about cleaner waxes in my article.

#26 High Tech yellow also has a nice shine, and it lasts alittle longer.

Meguiars is a good consumer grade wax. Its cheap, easy to obtain, has good results. When compaired to the enthusiest targeted waxes and sealants, it does fall short. The high shine, high durribility waxes/sealants often cost more and require more work. Because of this, the average person looking to buy some wax would most likely pick the cheaper easier wax if they were on the shelf next to each other. Where people who are willing to put the extra time and effort for better results, have no problem ordering off the internet/phone/mailorder.

The reason why wax effects the shine of your car, is because it reflects light differently than bare paint. So, if you think logically, two coats of wax/sealant on your car is going to effect the light more than just one.

This is why acrylic polymers are great for appearance and duribility. They have the ability to be layered one coat on top of the other. Each coats provides more shine and protection.

Some people beleave that you can layer carnauba wax, but I have yet to see any difference from several coats of carnauba. I am under the impression that since carnauba does't cure like polymer sealants, adding more wax is just mixing it in with the old wax, instead of putting a layer on top of it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have heard great things about Meguires, I plan on giving it a shot this weekend.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
If you are going to shop off the shelf then Meguiar's Gold Class is about the best wax you can get. If you are lucky and find a can of one Grand Blitz then you are really in for a treat. Its a lot harder to find than Gold Class but it is sooooo worth it. There are some great places online to shop for it too. Are you willing to buy online for your car care supplies?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Normal wax won't last longer than 3 months. If you are going to wax then you need to do it at least 4 times a year. I wax once a month, but I'm using a wax that burns off faster. It only lasts about 6 weeks but DAYMMM!! What a shine!!

Here is a black Integra I did this weekend with Blackfire and Pinnacle Souveran carnuba.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Very nice results Jngrbrdman! If you hadn't said anything, no one would know what color the car was because of that amazing reflection.

I can't wait till my next package of blackfire arives so I can try blackfire, SG, and souveran! :D :D

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
95integra on 28/May/2002 said:
Where can i get some wax or even car parts with paypal. I still have a few bucks in there to spend.
www.tacscar.com takes paypal. I'm pretty sure anyway. He did a couple months ago. Tell him that Anthony sent ya and I'm sure he'll work with you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jngrbrdman i am guessing that you got your blitz there so this might sound like a dumb question would the wax melt by the time it gets there. Whats keeping it from melting. and is there any way i can get a discount if i told them you sent me

·
Registered
33 Posts
zymol cleaner wax is supposed to be the #1 wax in the world right now..i used it last week to wax my car with two applications and if you throw a towel on my car, it slides to the ground..the wax cleans the tiny grit off the top layer of your car and it even smells good~*

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Wax doesn't really melt when its in the can. You could have it shipped from anywhere and not get in trouble. The problem with carnuba wax is that it will "melt" when it is on your car. Your car shrinks when it gets hot and the wax doesn't shrink with it. That causes it to pull away from the car and burn off faster. It is beautiful while it lasts though.

I wish I could swing you a discount. I can get you one at ProperAutoCare though. Shoot me an email if you want to get in on that. I suggested Tim at www.tacscar.com because I think he still accepts paypal. I don't think that properautocare does.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts