Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a sub, probably 10", to be powered by my JBL amp - 60Wx2 or 180W bridged (at 4 ohms). So I am guessing I really need a single voice coil 4 ohm sub. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent 10" for around $100?

schiesz

·
Registered
126 Posts
yea...go to best buy...im goin buy some as soon as $$ gets here...they rocksford fostgate punch...the big surround its 10in and its in a box with a like 3-5in air port on it...i was playin with it the other day and runnin off i think it was 50w the thing hit hard as hell and the air comin out that port could be felt from over 3ft away.....i fell in love...dont know if box comes wiht it or not.....

·
Registered
567 Posts
id suggest an alpine type e which is like 40 on ebay, so thats a damn good deal if you ask me...that amp is a bit weak to power it though..

·
Registered
126 Posts
yea...go to best buy...im goin buy some as soon as $$ gets here...they rocksford fostgate punch...the big surround its 10in and its in a box with a like 3-5in air port on it...i was playin with it the other day and runnin off i think it was 50w the thing hit hard as hell and the air comin out that port could be felt from over 3ft away.....i fell in love...dont know if box comes wiht it or not.....and the sub only 79.99

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
integrag0d2047 on Aug/06/02 said:
yea...go to best buy...im goin buy some as soon as $$ gets here...they rocksford fostgate punch...the big surround its 10in and its in a box with a like 3-5in air port on it...i was playin with it the other day and runnin off i think it was 50w the thing hit hard as hell and the air comin out that port could be felt from over 3ft away.....i fell in love...dont know if box comes wiht it or not.....and the sub only 79.99
Have you seen the magnet on those, maybe someone can tell me why it feels like its made of rubber. Did you happen to check the RMS of the Punch 10? I would go to Circuit City, they have a 2 for 1 every week.

·
Registered
167 Posts
go with rockford--i used to work for best buy-and i can tell you that when you buy 2 for 1, you are really buying two cheap speakers--i have orion dvc's but i have a lot of friends that have rf because of employee discounts and they are probably the best speaker for the money.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
For a good clean sounding inexpensive sub I would go with the Polk buy 1 get 1 free a circuit city. I used to work there and for the money I have never heard a better sounding sub. Use it in a sealed box, and they dont require alot of power but they will take it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
if u get more power, u can get a great deal on 2 10's already in a bandpass all for $130 from VISoNIK at ur frendly neighborhood FRY's the RMS on these are around 400 watts or so..its very cheap

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
fosgate is over rated... goto circuit city, bazooka.. those things slam, second hardest thing circuit city sells.. first being their mtx (which I have, 2 6000 12's)

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
im happy as hell with my 2 10" Fosgates. Just 100watt rms but they hit hard, and sound crisp. Ive got 300 watts max goin to the 2 of them. I got mine buy one get one free it was a while ago i think it was like 89.99, i could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
circuit city does mtx b1 get 1, but not very often, jsut watch the sunday fliers, when they do mtx buy 1 get 1, jump on that like flies on sh*t

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the suggestions all. I am going to check out the prices on some alpine type e but really watch the power ratings for them.

It also appears that bazooka and RF would fit the bill. I really just want to enhance my sound, not make passing cars shake, so SQ is definely more important than SPL.

schiesz

·
Registered
412 Posts
try www.myaudiooutlet.com . i know the guy that owns this warehouse. he sells alot of good quality offbrand names for damn cheap.

·
Registered
400 Posts
sneeedle on Aug/06/02 said:
fosgate is over rated... goto circuit city, bazooka.. those things slam, second hardest thing circuit city sells.. first being their mtx (which I have, 2 6000 12's)
if indeed thats true...then you would als be complimenting fosgate...they're products are pretty similar....from they're mtx 4000...fosgates punch Z to thier beast...the RFL sub...to fosgates monster...power HX2

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The Bazooka subs a LOUD, but there is no sound quality there...The MTX buy1 get 1 free are the 4000 series, crap. 1 MTX 6000 12 in the back will be loud AND clean. you can get one around $130.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts