Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be better to do?

1) buy a thrid generation integra gsr with higher miles....like arounf 130+ and swaping in a new type r motor (with a good interior)

2) buy a gsr with lower miles like around 60k

thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Depends on what you want....TypeR engines are 5K brand new so take that for what you will....

I'd get the gsr with 60K but I'm partial to GSRs...if you have the money to do a swap for a typeR engine, just go all out and get a TypeR...you won't regret it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
type r's are around 25k i think and are real hard to find

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aslo the type r motors i found had about 40k on them and come with everything cleaned and rebuilt for about 3,ooo

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I like 95integra's idea
but out of your ideas I
d buy the GSR with the lower miles.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i would get a good civic hatchback for 5 grand and slap in a type R motor if you want a real project car. my friend did that to a 98 white hatchback with a carbon fiber hood and it looks sweet. and it bones out like crazy, i saw him race a s2000 and hang with it.

but if you dont like the looks of it then i would get a nice non-vtec manual and swap the engine for a type R.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Just keep in mind that should something awful happen to your ITR motor.....your insurance company may not (read: probably won't) cover your loss. If you rear end someone, motor gets stolen, thieves steal it and damage it, etc. Most insurance policies provide coverage for damage incurred to STOCK parts for your model of car. Check w/ your local insurance agent to see if they have policies to cover aftermarket investments.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Robes on Aug/26/02 said:
what would be better to do?

1) buy a thrid generation integra gsr with higher miles....like arounf 130+ and swaping in a new type r motor (with a good interior)

2) buy a gsr with lower miles like around 60k

thanks for your help
i like option #2.. and would be better.. then if anything does happen to your b18c5 you have a lower mileage engine for a emergency replacement.. if someone jacks the engine.. they'll cover you for another gsr engine.. then u can sell both and get another type r engine or a turbo for your gsr engine.. etc etc..

that is if you can find a type r engine anymore.. the b18c & sr20det market in japan is bone dry.. i wonder where they all went.. he he he..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts