Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took out the back seats and spare tire, besides the passenger seat and AC what else can i take out to lighten up my car????

·
Registered
461 Posts
take out all plastic lining. carpet, anything non esential

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Stereo and PS can come out as well. Strip the interior as much as you can. Since the Type R already has the tar removed you won't need to worry about removing that to save more weight. I'm not sure if there's much more you can actually remove. The rest is swapping for lightweight parts like battery, hood, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
126 Posts
plastic parts, arm rest center console, headliner, carpet

·
Registered
457 Posts
take off the doors there is a bar in it that you can take out that will lightin it up i think we did i to my friends car but we took the windows out the front two door too

·
Registered
455 Posts
why are u stripping a type r...its nice and fast as it is
thats just my opinion...but yea if i was gonna take somethin out i would take out the tire, seats thats about it

·
Registered
511 Posts
just curious.. why do you want to strip everything out of your type-r???? but if i were you i would take out everything in the interior that isnt essential, then i would get a carbon fiber hood, hood pins, take out the power steering, abs system, get flexaglass windows,spoon 15" racing wheels ect... theres numerous stuff you can do, Have fun

·
Registered
586 Posts
i was wondering how hard it is to remove the passenger and back seats from my gsr. i would like to remove them before i go to the track.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Very Easy to remove the front seat, 4 bolts, pull it out. Back seat can be tricky. First to take out the top portion, lay them down and on the sides(closest to the speaker) you will see a black plastic clip, pull that off, this will allow the seat to slide towards the side of the car and come loose, hard to explain but you'll know when you see it. The the bottom part, just undo the one bolt in the back od the seat and it will come right out. to take the pass and back seat out, 15 minutes at the most.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i read on speedoptions.com about replacing windows with something to lighten up, but i can't recall the name..

·
Registered
246 Posts
man take the spare tools and carpet out of the trunk...also just disable ps and free some power...you can do the back seats but you won't lose much....I ran .1 faster last night with just the spare and jack and tools out of mine

1 - 20 of 35 Posts