Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a little strange but my DC2 has a obd0 b16a in it. The engine is about stock, and the only other mentionable mod is that it has the GSR trans. I bought it with a stock p28 ecu which is for a soh not a dual. This causes a few issues and I was wondering what the best ecu would be for this slightly strange set up. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to sound creepy, but where are you located? You could go to " crx_frank" on Instagram he's located in San Bernardino CA and get your p28 ecu chipped and a base map for the motor and trans you have and it'll run alot smoother. (I'm assuming it's running on the p28 currently)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to sound creepy, but where are you located? You could go to " crx_frank" on Instagram he's located in San Bernardino CA and get your p28 ecu chipped and a base map for the motor and trans you have and it'll run alot smoother. (I'm assuming it's running on the p28 currently)
sadly I’m on the other side of the country in Virginia ahaha

·
Registered
27 Posts
sadly I’m on the other side of the country in Virginia ahaha
Ohhhh okay, mmmm I feel like you should just try to find someone to put a base Map on your p28, or I recall " Eric's racing engines" in Baldwin park CA will chip, and put a map on ann OBD1 ecu and ship it to you, you would have to call him or his shop to know if he still offers that service, good luck brother

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unfortunately, we never got an obd1 B16 ecu usdm spec. The closest is a P30 jdm ecu. So your best bet is to find a tuner that sells Hondata & get an S300 installed & tuned.

It might be pricey to go the Hondata route, but if you have someone slap an eprom chip in there and load a "custom" basemap from crome or neptune, it won't match your car & it will run like ****. Especially if you are not running a wideband O2 and O2 guage. Ask me how I know.

If you are concerned about money, then you should just pull the motor. And buy a B18C1 or B18b/B20 with the money from the B16.

A Hondata S300 will cost around $500, currently. Plus install. Plus dyno tune. You're looking at close to $1000 for that solution.

Selling the B16 and putting in another motor will be more cost effective.

Don't "eff around & find out". Get it tuned or just change platforms. Your future self will thank you for not wasting time and money.

I'm sure people that run $25 eproms & free basemap files will be mad about me saying this. But it's true. Even the best "custom" basemap on an eprom will never run as good as a stock ecu or a custom tuned Hondata solution. And if the tune isnt right, you get to throw the chip away and burn another. The process goes on and on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts