Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two or three weeks ago, I got my car dynoed and I was pushing 155whp... The shop said that there could be a 15 percent difference in it, so I'm not sure if I either have 178whp (with the 15 percent) or 155whp (without the 15 percent). But anyways, that's not what I was talking about. For a JRSC GSR, I know that isn't much at all. During the dyno, my car had horrible air/fuel ratio's all the way around.. Running too lean and running too rich. The guy said I needed a new ECU to fix my horrible air/fuel problem and he said I could get at least 40hp more with proper tuning. I'm running a stock OBD I GSR ECU. I've been thinking about getting a new ecu, but I can't make up my mind... Which would be better for my set up? Hondata s300? Greddy E-manage Ultimate? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
jr tends to use the hondata units for their superchargers, but since you probably are like me and clueless on how to tune the ecu and/or have no means of tuning it yourself make sure your shop has the abilities and the certifications to tune your new ecu. thats about the only advice i can give. good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go with a reputable tuner and find out what they like to use. Someone who lets you dyno while your A/F is all over the place isnt a tuner...

Personally, my preference is with Crome. Well supported now by its users & creator, new features all the time and they are constantly figuring out new stuff. Hondata S100/200 is limited in comparison to Crome now and the S300 is still pretty new and there have been a lot of good & bad stuff said about it so...

You could just get that P72 chipped and have your choice between Crome, Uberdata, Hondata or even Neptune

·
Registered
472 Posts
IntegraBad18c on Feb/03/06 said:
ECU Chip Basics

standalone systems

There's more of that if you LOOK BEFORE YOU ASK. Take time to learn and do it right the first time.
I believe that sh*t is also on the front page now...

Read UP!

Your ECU (OBD-1) can be modded to accomedate a tuning program like Hondata, or cheaper but just as good Chrome, Uberdata, Neptune, etc... Talk to your tuner also... you do not need a new ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.