Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
MorningZ explains this stuff all the time...you can get an el cheapo alarm off ebay and it can be better than a 500 dollar alarm....

Read this next sentence very carefully and ALWAYS remember it...

INSTALL IS WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT! And no, a good install is not done at Best Buy or Circuit City.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a place near my house that installs alarms on porshe's and stuff like that im going to have it installed there

So you think this alarm is cool as long as it is insalled well?

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
"So you think this alarm is cool as long as it is insalled well?"

What'd I say? What part was confusing?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Mar/29/04 said:
INSTALL IS WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT! And no, a good install is not done at Best Buy or Circuit City.
part 1=true
part 2 is not always true

its hit or miss there are close to 1000 different best buy and circut cities tweeter etc..etc.., each with I would say 4 installers (average), thats 4000 different people you are bound to get some bad ones. the one thing that those places have going for them is fixed rates, and hourly pay for employees. when I installed at best buy I would do the best job I could. if it took all day so be it....at some of the custom shops these guys get paid by the car so as soon as its done, they are on to the next and they cut corneres. another thing is the pure volume of cars that a best buy/CC work on. you can get into 10 different cars a week. it dosent take long to get good and work out your kinks....trust me. I have had the honor of working with some really amazing installers at the 3 best buys I worked at. finally, you are much more likely to get taken care of at a bb/cc if something goes wrong. a shop that works on comission has no regard for getting it done, only making money on it, and every minute spent "trouble shooting" is less money they make. a big chain shop has great insurance/damage claim procedures, since there are so many stores, and no one wants to piss off a customer (at least that has been the philosiphy of the 3 districts I worked in (they kinda set the tone). infact I would trust chain better than a local shop unless I knew both places well enough to make a informed decision. where I live, there was a shop, the only real "high end" car shop, that did great looking work but they did decks with electrical tape and no solder or butts, and were notorious for installing alarms with hidden kill switches so the cars and stuff in them could be stolen right back. thats my favorite story. I have seen bb installers take parts from their own cars to replace broken customer pieces to make people happy, and call in people on days off just to trouble shoot a broken car for a customer, not to mention the # of times (relative mind you) that someone got sent to a dealer to replace expensive parts that were questionable about who broke them...

just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will BB install a alarm that i bought somewhere else or do i have to buy it from them...

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
I was always lead to believe that places like circuit city and whatnot were on a "get them in, get them out" kind of deal...thanks for clearing it up Josh.

I'm sure the volume of business has something to do with it too...I had to run to Best Buy on Saturday to pick up something from the car install place and they only had one car in there...not busy at all.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Ive worked for circuit city and had many many things installed there and personally knew several of the installers and id have to agree with josh they did awsome work and really didnt care how long it took, since they were paid hourly, maybe at some stores they had a sh*tty manager and told them to cut corners and what not but not at the one i worked for. and if they arnt busy, they will do an even better job. and my experience is that they liked my integra, even though its stock and they seemed to take great care of it...thats just my .02 though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.