Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to defrost my car, I ruined the driver side's door lock. The key won't turn (much) when I inserted it. From reading other threads, I can just replace it (i.e. ebay). My questions are:

• Does it mean that I have to replace every lock in the car (driver, passenger, trunk, ignition), or otherwise I have to have 2 set of keys?
  • Any other tips that I need to know?
  • Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
  • Does it mean that I have to replace every lock in the car (driver, passenger, trunk, ignition), or otherwise I have to have 2 set of keys?
  • Any other tips that I need to know?
  • Thanks.
You would need to either:

1. Replace every lock from the same donor vehicle, along with the ignition switch if you want to use the same key in every lock cylinder

2. Take the new lock cylinder to a lock smith to have it "keyed" to your existing key

3. Use two separate keys. One key for the new lock cylinder, and the other key for all of the existing lock cylinders/ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I guess my best option would be no. 2. Going to call local locksmiths tomorrow see if any of them can do this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's probably too late to help the OP, but ill reply anyway in case someone else might benefit from this. The drivers side door lock on my Integra got to where it wouldn't hardly turn at all with the key, and i was able to bring it back to life by squirting some of that lock cylinder lube (graphite?) in it. I found it at Walmart for a couple bucks and it's about the size of a small marker. Worked great for me, give it a try if yours is acting up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts