Team Integra Forums banner

1281 - 1300 of 1304 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
crazy how expensive the OEM ones have gotten. Looks to be in good shape though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive seen sets for sale by jdm importers for the same price as I paid, but they are all heavily damaged. Ive never seen a set in such good condition or even with original hardware for that fact. The condition of them is the only way i could justify spending that much on them

·
Super Moderator
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,290
This was Sunday but I've been busy.

...I just started it again. :rolleyes:

I've been storing it for winter for about 15 years now. I've never had the battery die after pulling it from storage for the year. It's happened twice this year, weather has been garbage this season so far. I'm finally going to put a trickle charger on it though. The wife goes back to work next week after maternity leave and I've got drop off duty for the two kids. I used it for kid number one but dealing with getting two of them back there is just going to be too much of a pain. :frown: At least she's got Fridays off so I can still drive it to work then. I'll have to make it a point to drive aimlessly on the weekends.

Finally put on my itr conversion but of course I get the conversion with a bad passenger h.i.d ballast and blown fog light :/
Nice to see one already painted when put on!

Test fitting my new setup. Still needs a twin disc but I figured I would fab up a side exit and dump pipe.
Clean

Today i had some 90's nostalgia, in my 90's nostalgia
View attachment 74905

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Didn't know they still made that, I remember reps coming to my high school and giving a TON of it away when it was new.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Shopping for parts. Need to order tires for my ITR wheels, Mugen-Power front rotors and front brake pads I'm uncertain if I want to stick with Mugen or Hawk. I be using it for track/street (not daily driven) use.

I got the tuner lined up it's just a matter of time to get the motor back together up and running. After the teg been down for over 8 years (due to medical) I'm ready to put life back into it.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Didn't know they still made that, I remember reps coming to my high school and giving a TON of it away when it was new.
They recently brought it back to some stores and on amazon prime pantry. Luckily its pretty readily available at convenience stores around me. I found out by coming across the Surge Movement facebook page, some of those guys are serious lol

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I was talking to my friend who owns a shop. He has somebody that comes out and repair wheels on the spot for him. I be dropping off my 17" SSR Type C to get repair so I can prep it to get it powder coated in the original color Championship White.

·
Super Moderator
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,294
Cleaned the steering wheel. It's been a few years and last years dragon reminded me to do it yet again. All the humidity in the mountains makes the dead skin on the steering wheels sticky again. Every time you drive your hands come off sticky with the black build up coming off on your hands. Mr. Clean bar for the win!

So gross
Before when I just did one spot

After. Nice and clean! Including the areas around the horn and the horn itself.

The formally clean water. blech

·
Registered
213 Posts
oh Snap!, i see no one has done anything new to their tea since Aug last year. well, today is the first time log on in years, and well, i been feeling bored so here we go; why not! past 2 days i fixed my front bumper and painted it, added the front lip that i painted and new emblem. looking to do what i can for her since it is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Nice, Deez ... lets see some pics.

And I’m not sure if it’s so much that no one has done anything, but maybe it’s just that they haven’t posted. I know for me, the site just isn’t the same since a certain ‘Morning person’ isn’t heading it anymore ... I’m not digging the ads (At All) either, but I understand that they’ve gotta pay the bills.

I RARELY log in to the site here anymore, and it seems that many of the old skool peeps have moved on to other things. I spend more time on motorcycles than anything else (transportation wise) these days - but I still love and care for a Teg, even if she’s a bit under-loved at the moment.

Kudos to you Sir, for posting up! Now, let’s see those pictures!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree; the ads are irrirating. I think there is a 10 year cycle to the "coolness of things"; after that 10 years is over then it's no longer cool, fashionable, hip, dope, or whatever word/phrase people want to use. I think most people are afraid of being "uncool". However, the Integra is an icon of the 90s and early 2000s; it deserves to be among the classics. I'm wondering if the 10 year cycle, if not affecting Integras, is affecting this site. I miss reading some of the old regulars of this site. I noticed a major change when the hosting company changed. But that was well after 10 years of this site starting.

And there's the change of internet culture too; I think most people would rather watch videos than read and see pictures. Miton Films on YouTube is pretty good [https://www.youtube.com/user/MITONFILMS]. Does anybody know if he is a member here or on Honda-Tech?

I've got an up & comming oil change, filter clean, VC (retaining) bolts to replace (I accidently damaged the threads), and the A/C tensioner pulley to replace. I also broke an A/C mounting so I have to wait on that too. I also have tires to replace; they are dry rotting. I'm opting for some "All Season Performance".

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree; the ads are irrirating. I think there is a 10 year cycle to the "coolness of things"; after that 10 years is over then it's no longer cool, fashionable, hip, dope, or whatever word/phrase people want to use. I think most people are afraid of being "uncool". However, the Integra is an icon of the 90s and early 2000s; it deserves to be among the classics. I'm wondering if the 10 year cycle, if not affecting Integras, is affecting this site. I miss reading some of the old regulars of this site. I noticed a major change when the hosting company changed. But that was well after 10 years of this site starting.
".
Heavily agree with your statement about the car being a priceless icon of the 90's early 2000's. The site/forum boards have a certain feel of that as well to me (but I am weird).

It may be around here somewhere, just curious as to why the famous 'morning' person no longer heads things? It gives me a good warm feeling when I see his name around here posting and/or liking things. Actually honored he has liked 1 of my posts so far ;)

I'm 32 and feel much older anymore, but I view the teg amongst others as our generations prized possessions like that of our parent's generation of say a 69 Camaro. Respectfully aware of their differences and love both, just recognizing the influence between the generations. Hope to keep my current GSR and live to see it become a recognized and respected Classic. ::fingers crossed::

They don't make cars like they used to. That's no longer a catchy phrase thing. It's quite literal. That's why every now and then I need to get out in the Integra and get that raw visceral analog feel yet still have some grasp on modern engineering.

1281 - 1300 of 1304 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
385 Participants
Rubi Doux
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing