Team Integra Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Not if you knew how he treated his vehicles. Besides, imitating engine noises of hitting the rev limiter doesn't exactly wanna make me hand over my keys.
That sounds similar to when I let my father drive the S. I was butt-clinching the whole time in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just picked up a 94 LS Auto week ago. its gonna be a budget build and needs some love but today i took the trailer hitch off and the rear splash guards.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Long story short. lost communication with my builder for about 6 years. Since he went thru hard times.

The good news is finally got communication and went down to see him today. SOB had my parts organized on the shelves. I got the green light I can bring down the teg (rolling shell) anytime. I already have a tow truck lined up to make the 2 1/2hr one way trip. Look like I be buying some teg parts soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,250
looks like that's the purpose of the tube on the side. That should be the level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went on a road trip from my area (Northern Chicago suburbs) to Kenosha with a few of my buds, 3 people crammed in my two back seats. We stopped by Winthrop Harbor on the return trip to enjoy the weather, explore new areas, and stretch out. Got into a small race on the way back with some unknown dude driving a brand new 2016 Chevy (he smoked us, I blame it on the 4 extra people in my car, not my old, stock car or lack of racing skills lol). Got her going over 100 for the first time in the 20 days I've had her. We made it back to our area, and I began the process of dropping off all the people in my car, and THEN disaster struck, as my town's ****ty roads led to me bottoming out on a manhole that was actually elevated at least an inch and a half or more above the rest of the street. Got everyone home safe, but since I bottomed out I've been hearing horrible metal-on-metal rattling from my car, and the RPMs are slower to pick up (in gear, out of gear, neutral, clutch in, clutch out, everything, its just all lagging hard). I'm HOPING it's something with my exhaust, but the source of the sound from my car and my RPM situation is telling me otherwise. Sounds like the rattling is coming from the transmission. That was my day with my Integra. She's parked and relaxing, gonna be sitting there for a bit I expect. On that note, anybody have thoughts on what this problem may be? Or can direct me to the right place to look for help?

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
Went on a road trip from my area (Northern Chicago suburbs) to Kenosha with a few of my buds, 3 people crammed in my two back seats. We stopped by Winthrop Harbor on the return trip to enjoy the weather, explore new areas, and stretch out. Got into a small race on the way back with some unknown dude driving a brand new 2016 Chevy (he smoked us, I blame it on the 4 extra people in my car, not my old, stock car or lack of racing skills lol). Got her going over 100 for the first time in the 20 days I've had her. We made it back to our area, and I began the process of dropping off all the people in my car, and THEN disaster struck, as my town's ****ty roads led to me bottoming out on a manhole that was actually elevated at least an inch and a half or more above the rest of the street. Got everyone home safe, but since I bottomed out I've been hearing horrible metal-on-metal rattling from my car, and the RPMs are slower to pick up (in gear, out of gear, neutral, clutch in, clutch out, everything, its just all lagging hard). I'm HOPING it's something with my exhaust, but the source of the sound from my car and my RPM situation is telling me otherwise. Sounds like the rattling is coming from the transmission. That was my day with my Integra. She's parked and relaxing, gonna be sitting there for a bit I expect. On that note, anybody have thoughts on what this problem may be? Or can direct me to the right place to look for help?
Start by looking for damage. Dented oil pan?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ordered a clutch kit, flywheel, lowering struts, boost guage, gauge pod and vss

About to pull the motor and trans starting later today.... Fun times wish me luck

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
After 7+ years, finally got back working on the teg. I power wash and wax the engine bay. The teg will get loaded up on a flat bed tow truck and be on it's way to my engine builder this week or next week.

1241 - 1260 of 1319 Posts