Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thank you for helping me out. I have a 01 DC2 ITR. So with it having the B18C5 already in it, I though I would turbo it. After going cheap the motor had to be rebuilt. I do not have the car yet. Things took a turn for the weirder with the shipping. The car is currently in North Carolina, as I am in Wisconsin. After spending a "Pretty Penny" on the rebuild. They have sent me my dyno graph. I've only seen the graphs on Youtube, but from what I've seen there is something wrong with how mine looks? This is the first car that I have actually invested so much in. I'm trying not to cut corners but its getting to the point where its a make or break for me right now. I uploaded everything I have done to the beauty as of now. If you could give me any tips tricks or lead me in the right direction that would be much appreciated! I am sorry ahead of time that the pictures if/are blurry! If you have any questions please let me know!

Thank you everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
May I ask what happened to your previous build? The parts list you provided looks decent. I assume you have someone from another state purchase and install the parts for you? If so, my suggestion would be to not go that route in the future for few reasons:
1. If you purchase your own parts you could do a quick research and purchase at a much lower price than what a mechanic would charge, including a mark-up cost.
2. If you find someone locally who would agree to let you watch to learn during the rebuild and turbo install, you would be able to do repairs on your own (eventually). Tools are much cheaper than labor.
Remember, boosted Integra is not a bullet proof, 100% reliable street driver. At least not in my experience. Some builds last longer, some shorter. But all require constunt maintenance and troubleshooting. Its best to not be afraid to try things on your own. Watch youtube and read online DIYs. Eventually you will have enough confidence to perform an engine overhaul on your own - it's not a rocket science.
Boosted Integra is a lot of fun. Few nights ago I beat a supercharged C7 Z06 Corvette by 0.1 seconds. That felt pretty good. Hope it all works out for you. As far as the dyno graph, it looks as if the tuner didn't spend enough time to smooth it out. But the car should still run fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts