Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to paint my valve cover soon and was looking at a whole bunch at h-t and have narrowed it down some. i kinda have a blue theme going (spoon res covers, blue hoses here and there, blue wire loom, blue spark plug wires). What color do you think i should go with? i was thinking either dark gunmetal or a blue to silver fade kinda like this style

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been trying to think of it for a week now!!! btw i havent seen the silver to blue fade so i guess i thought of that one

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Can you do a silver to blue fade with powdercoat? I'm thinking about getting this sexy lil VC right here, since I have the blue underhood theme going on too:

It's already cut for adjustable cam gears too. I left the company name in the picture; I didn't want to steal credit from them or anything.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HeroOfTheDay on Oct/10/07 said:
Can you do a silver to blue fade with powdercoat? I'm thinking about getting this sexy lil VC right here, since I have the blue underhood theme going on too:
im not sure....not familiar with powdercoat

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
i'd go with the gunmetal. The silver and blue tend to look... not so great together, or in the engine bay. I had a friend paint his blue, and had the stripes silver... and it just didn't look good. Gunmetal, on the other hand, looks SICK.

·
Registered
94 Posts
whats wrong with ITR wrinkle red?

i know its common, but its tried and true

·
Registered
301 Posts
yea i would say to go with gunmetal because if you get too much blue under the hood it looks a mess you need a lil contrast. so either gunetal or try doing it all silver so then youll have blue accents with the wires and hoses. gl anyhow!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kramerbuccs24 on Oct/10/07 said:
whats wrong with ITR wrinkle red?

i know its common, but its tried and true
i dont have anything else thats red anywhere in my car but it is a good color.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
update: i painted the valve color...color is ok but not what i wanted. at least there arent any chips on my valvecover anymore.
this is a before pic

and after

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.