Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these four small dents in my front bumper ever since I bought the car about 4 months ago. The two on the top are so far away from the two on the bottom that I don't have any ideas as to what could have possibly caused this.

Have you guys ever seen this or have any ideas?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I'd think road damage, from highway driving. I can't think of anything else.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Especially uncovered dump trucks. Watch out for those, that's one of the first things my dad told me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did it myself, i sand it down, preimer it, went to the a paint store to get the matching paint located on the driver door panel where you open the door, ask to be put in a spray bottle, some paint store will do it for you some won't because they think it's too much of a hassel, come back and spray as many layers as you want. My turn out really good.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
maybe a shopping cart, like the bottom of the top part of the cart, and the back of the underside of the cart, like it was pushed right up onto the front bumper. if anyone can make sense of how i explained it, then i praise you.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
97_Integra_GSR on Feb/24/04 said:
I did it myself, i sand it down, preimer it, went to the a paint store to get the matching paint located on the driver door panel where you open the door, ask to be put in a spray bottle, some paint store will do it for you some won't because they think it's too much of a hassel, come back and spray as many layers as you want. My turn out really good.
You didn't paint the entire bumper right, just the area around the dents? Wouldn't that make it look strange if part of your bumper has fresh paint on it while the rest of it doesn't...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well Dave, I sort of did the whole bumper because the looks all those clipped paint sort of killed my front bumper.

It will match the paint on your car but it's just the clear coat that makes it shine a little bit more than the paint on the car. It matches because you have a match color paint code, the differences is the clear coat. The longer it stays, the closer it get closer to the orginal form.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you are going to do it yourself. Make sure you get FLEX AGENT. If you dont when the paint drys and you bump something anywhere on the bumer that causes it to flex at all the paint will chip off.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
If your on the highway a lot purchase the OEM nose mask. I use one and my teg is rock chip free. I know everyone says how ugly the bra is, but rock chips are uglier and I only use the bra on highways.

Don't follow closely and avoid crappy roads with trucks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.