Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra GS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car it came with a terrible sounding exhaust, and right now i don't want to drop like 600 for a full exhaust system. I've been looking at magnaflow mufflers which are like 100-200 ish. so if anyone has some suggestions, i would like to hear them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you live in an emissions state? If so, stock mufflers are cheap at junkyards. I've never owned or used a magnaflow but there is youtube videos of that exhaust for integras. Maybe give that a try and see if you like them. They are cheap, but since the muffler itself is just to change the sound it's mostly preference. You could always go with a glass pack and/ or no muffler. It depends what you like/ want. I'd like to hear what you decide. Please post your decision. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra GS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you live in an emissions state? If so, stock mufflers are cheap at junkyards. I've never owned or used a magnaflow but there is youtube videos of that exhaust for integras. Maybe give that a try and see if you like them. They are cheap, but since the muffler itself is just to change the sound it's mostly preference. You could always go with a glass pack and/ or no muffler. It depends what you like/ want. I'd like to hear what you decide. Please post your decision. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Nah i live in Virginia so im chillin on emissions, but im leading towards getting magnaflow one so ill keep ya updated.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
When I got my car it came with a terrible sounding exhaust, and right now i don't want to drop like 600 for a full exhaust system. I've been looking at magnaflow mufflers which are like 100-200 ish. so if anyone has some suggestions, i would like to hear them.
Personal opinion after owning my Integra for 17 years, stick with stock unless you are boosted. Having a loud exhaust is just an attention getter. If you want some sound when you crack on it, get a short ram intake. It is expensive to make power on these engines. you can maybe get 5-10 HP gain from an intake and exhaust, but you would have to get it tuned to actually be efficient and make those HP numbers. Otherwise it just feels and sounds fast. Tuning isn't cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts