Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two infinity kappa perfect dvq subwoofers and im really not sure what to amp them with. i already have an alpine powering my interior, can you guys help me with amy sugestions for what to power these with? they both have an rms of 400 wts. i wish i could find an alpine amp that would work well, i know they used to make a 1000 wt amp. please help guys i need to get this done soon

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to search...I think this question has been answered many times. Anyhow, doesn't it matter if your subs are single or dual coil?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
acuratyperick on Mar/07/04 said:
iknow but do you have amy suggestions, or what you would go with
Sony, Fosgate, Kicker any of those would be a good amp the the only thing that makes a difference as far as whether the sub is single or dual voice coil is the fact that it gives you a couple different wiring options! it won't affect the amps output. If you look around and are wondering if an amp will work well post the model# in this thread and someone will let you know if it would be a good match for you...

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was considering the alpine mrd-m1000 its 1000 watts 1 channel but can i bridge it into 2 x 500, my woofers are dual voice coil

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'd just have the installer wire the subs up for a 2ohm load...that's all you'd need to do so if that amp puts out 1000 watts @ 2ohms rms you should be good to go!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
acuratyperick on Mar/07/04 said:
i was considering the alpine mrd-m1000 its 1000 watts 1 channel but can i bridge it into 2 x 500, my woofers are dual voice coil
Bridging is joining 2 channels into one channel, not the other way around. It's a little difficult to make a 1 channel amp into a two channel amp. If you're saying that you can use 2 subs on one channel because you have DVCs, you can do that with any speaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts