Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so pretty much the topic
i am looking for an amp that can power these 3 subs (for the jl vantage box)

i am on a tight budget so the cheaper the better i think i remember someone saying that a JL 500/1 is really nice

i dont need top of the line i just need something that can power them nicely without over or under doing it

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

and just to show off that im getting my dream sound system finally

·
Registered
539 Posts
wow your the first person i've ever seen that also has the JL Vantage stealth box, sweet.

i'm using a Rockford 501bd to power them and it does a kick-ass job.

and as a tip, I recommend going up to home depot (etc.) and buying some carpet padding to wrap around the box because as it sits in the trunk it vibrates alot due to lots of open space between the sides of the box and the trunk.

·
Registered
421 Posts
if it were me i would use the JL 250/1 amplifier its a good little amp and packs a good punch. it would be more than enough power to run those subs...and if you wanted to step up go with 500/1 but i think that would be a bit of overkill. thats just my opinion but whatever you choose good luck. you could also use the JL e-series amps like a e1400 or the e1800 any of these amps would work great...it really just depends on your budget.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so pretty much any name brand amp that can power atleast 400 watts will get the job done

and thanks for all the responses..gotta love TI for gettting like 4 responses before i get home from lacrosse practice :)

just checked out craigslist i saw a jl 250/1 amp going for 150 should that cover me?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
no you cant use any amp. You have to make sure it goes with the ohms of the subs, make sure its compatible to hold 3 subs. JL is definately top of the line and their wattage is true power. 250/1 would work. For $150 i would buy that 250/1, its a good amp and you will definately get a nice sound. Your subs have more potential and if you are looking for some loud bass, the 500/1 would be a better choice, but if you want something that will sound clean and still have way more then enough bass, that 250/1 will do.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot
im gonna offer him 120 for it and then haggle until i get that 250/1 jl amp

thanks for all the advice TI

and all you owners of vantage boxes what other advice do you have

1. carpet it
2. ...

also where does the amp go? is there a spot inside the enclosure for it or do i have to mount it in the trunk or under a seat or something?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Triple__T on Feb/01/06 said:
if it were me i would use the JL 250/1 amplifier its a good little amp and packs a good punch. it would be more than enough power to run those subs...and if you wanted to step up go with 500/1 but i think that would be a bit of overkill.
The JL 250/1 is a 250 watt RMS amp. The 10W0 is a 125 watt RMS sub. 125 x 3 = 375. 250 is not more than enough wattage to run those sub at optimal performance. Though Gargsta is right, he wants an amp that's about 400 watts RMS. Make sure it is RMS. I know that JL and Rockford amp model number usually indicate the RMS wattage. I'm using a 500 watt amp and just turn down the gain some and i've been running it fine for over a year now.

As for the carpet idea, nix that. I bought my box from Car Toys because it was in their ex-Integra showcar and they had an awesome wooden panel cut out and placed over it that gives it a very clean finish. I'll take pics of it tomorrow and show you what I mean.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Okay I took pictures of my box and how I have a wooden-cutout put over the box to give it a flush clean look. I would also recommend getting the grills, the subs won't hit them, plus it will protect the subs when you carry stuff in your trunk. I also took some pics of my amp.

and yes I know it needs a vacuming.

All this is is some 1/4" or 1/2" thick, can't remember, and it was painted black to match. needs some new paint though, haha

Undernearth the wood they glued some felt to it to cushion it against the box.

And this is a wiring diagram from the JL website on how to wire up the subs, just thought it might be useful to you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the exact same setup in my car before it got stolen. I had a 500/1 amp and it worked great. I had my amp mounted next to the trunklight it would fit perfect there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.