Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I searched. Found about 150 pages of results, none of what i saw was what i wanted.

I plan on going turbo with my 2000 ls sometime this year.

What is a good 3" exhaust? that sounds deep and isnt too loud? Also where is a good place to get it online or what?

Another thing, after reading some exhaust articles on backpressure and stuff, will putting a 3" exhaust on an otherwise stock car be bad?

Or do you even need 3" exhaust for a turbo ls? I hope to be pushing around 250 hp.

Thanks and sorry if there is a post out there somewhere that i overlooked.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well bud you can start here and read up exhaust article

My personal opinion I like Thermal Research and Developments exhausts. I've has mine for over 4years now and I love it. Good Luck with your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
Not too many companies make a 3" exhaust...hence why Thermal R&D is so popular.

But what part of the article didn't you get? I think it's pretty clear that a 3" exhaust on an otherwise bolt on integra will cause a loss in power...

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
There is only one exhaust out in the market that is 3" for integras that I'm aware of, it's the Thermal exhaust. There is another 3" exhaust that is coming out soon but it is basically the same design of the Thermal exhaust. Nothing exciting, because an exhaust is an exhaust is an exhaust. Both come with 3" tubing, no resonator, and a straight-through muffler.

Another thing, after reading some exhaust articles on backpressure and stuff, will putting a 3" exhaust on an otherwise stock car be bad?
Bad as in damaging the engine? No.
Bad as in improving performance? Yes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah. I read the articles, but truthfully, my mind is so tired and im having trouble comprehending a lot of it.
(this site is pretty techinical and i have trouble with it when my brain is tired)

Maybe i should wait until i have more energy. Thanks tho.

Haha, after reading your replies, one 3" exhaust there isnt much choosing to be done. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
well you can always piece together your own system, say by buying a complete 3" piping system from kteller.com and then buying a straight through 3" muffler such as the turbo N1 muffler..

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
mine is not loud at all. 3 inch manderal bent tubing no resonator, and magnaflow muffler. it was very loud when i drove it for a day non turbo, but once i was turbo it made it very low profile

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
2.25 exhaust would be too bottlenecked for turbo. if you are planning on turbo and you know you are going turbo, just get 3 inch exhaust and either not put it on untill you are turbo, or deal with a slower car because your exhaust will be too big for a while

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I agree with StyleTegGSR.

When going FI, the rules of properly sizing a exhaust system go out the window because one doesn't need the best velocity and exhaust scavenging to gain power. FI is another beast. A 3" exhaust is optimal because it puts less resistance on the turbine, therefore making the turbo spool quicker.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah. I rested last night and read all the articles today. I love the techinical parts of cars. I am gonna go turbo, cuz i just got a job! 7.75 and hour starting. (pretty good for 17) and prolly have everything together by the start of 2005, the year i graduate yay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts