Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I make a kind of sharp or sharp turn there’s a loud creaking sound coming from my rear suspension. I had the rear trailing arm bushings replaced about 5 months ago but I’d appreciate it if you guys could help me with some other possible answers for what that sound may be coming from so I would know what to replace w/ out spending $60 or more to have a shop look at it. Thanks,

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
prowler220x on Apr/17/04 said:
Every time I make a kind of sharp or sharp turn there’s a loud creaking sound coming from my rear suspension. I had the rear trailing arm bushings replaced about 5 months ago but I’d appreciate it if you guys could help me with some other possible answers for what that sound may be coming from so I would know what to replace w/ out spending $60 or more to have a shop look at it. Thanks,
I need to replace my lower bushing in my rear trailing arms actually but I heard it is difficult to do without taking apart the whole trailing arm, did you do it yourself or take it to a mechanic?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MichaelDelaney on Apr/18/04 said:
it's been shown that the polyurethane rear bushings for the rear trailing arms alter your geometry under high cornering loads adversely and it's probably best in this case to stick with replacement stock bushings instead.
I used polyurethane bushings for the trailing arms, but that couldn't be causing the noise could it? I still have the stock springs installed and someone told me that the sound is probably coming from those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts