Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help stock wheel well came off due to car being too low but i have a v2 in my ls no bypass valve and its raining a lot here any one know if i can drive this or a way to prevent wanter going in the intake any sugestions?

·
Registered
348 Posts
HYDROLOCK SUCKS.....i heard people say that its hard to do....but last week i proved alot of em wrong.....now iam in need of a new block.....but to answer your question.....you can still use the stock wheel well..just cut it to where the front part will fit in....the part that is in front of the tire and goes under the front lip of the bumper....that will protect the bottom and side of the filter

·
Registered
472 Posts
dont drive though any puddles. other than that wheel well or not without a bypass valve the results with be no good.

zer0

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I wouldnt drive it. Because no matter how many puddles you avoid, water is still going to get into that tube. Filters filter out dirt not water. Tires kick up water and the filter will be soaked. CAI should only be used at the track. Everyone that takes em off has a dirty tube and throttle body.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
zer0b0t on Mar/04/04 said:
dont drive though any puddles. other than that wheel well or not without a bypass valve the results with be no good.

zer0
You aren't going to suck up water if you have a wheel well there....please dont' perpetuate that myth...without the wheel well is going beyond my personal comfort zone. Get the splashguard replaced as soon as you can. Until then put the stock intake back on.

I had a CAI on my GSR for 7 months and when I took it off to sell it, the filter was fine and the tube was as clean as can be. As long as you oil the thing up properly there are no problems with a CAI.

Sucking up water is a lot more isolated than people will have you believe.

Hydrolock gets blown out of proportion if you ask me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts