Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I have this welt on the sidewall of my pretty new(7kmiles) front left kuhmo, I remeber hitting a pothole pretty hard last week; the welt is not big, its like two inches in diameter. My questions are, is my tire, pretty much shot? Is it safe for me to drive the car that way? It sucks because the tire still has like 95% of it's tread life, I hope the wheel isn't bent, it looks fine, but who knows...damn I hope not

·
Registered
139 Posts
you should take it to a service station such as a gas station or a place like midas or something. they can give you a reliable answer as well as our t-i members.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i had two of those on my old Kumho's - 2 different wheels - yeah it probly isn't good - but i just kept driving on them... your decision - yeah u couldreplace them - but i never did.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my buddy who did most of my assembly work, he said that the metal in the sidewall was bent from the impact, and that causes air to get behind it, he said I probably should get another tire, but I relly don't want to unless it's absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kricci did youy still drive the car hard after the welts? I just dont want the tire to blow up on me or have sh*tty handling or something.....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hey might as well change the tire now, before something worse happens, you never know what could happen, one of my brother had it on wheel for about a year and nothing happened. my other brother had his for two weeks before the wheel popped in the freeway so just change it and avoid regreting it later.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I had that happen, it scared me being on the front tire, so I moved it to the back.. front tire blows out your screwed, rear tire, its still not gonna be fun, but the car isnt gonna roll over..

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yeah i still drove it hard - took it autocrossing, etc. it isn't an ideal situation but its one of those things - its not a problem till it pops - but that could never happen or it could happen tommorow... I have since sold my rims/tires to a buddy and he hasn't had any problems yet either...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, maybe i should switch to the back in the meantime, never thought of it; I'll probably replace the tire when the winter comes, since I'll be rolling on the stock steelies anyway, but I want to keep them for the rest of the summer and fall, I think
. It's not a huge welt, I only noticed it when I was putting on some tire wet crap on them..

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
HA HA - thats when i noticed mine too - if we didn't take care of our cars we would have never noticed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts