Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having all kinds of problems with my rs2 that Ihave had in my teg, and now in my accord...so finally after the third time back to best buy, I got it do start acting up....

all the installers (some who used to be my employees), were baffled, and we wanted to take care of it. since I was an employee I only paid 125 or so for the RS but I paid to have it installed (the second time, shuuush lets keep that a secret). so...after going back and forth with the MOD (who I never liked and vice versa), we decided that since the most comprable model we still carried was the 3.5 and its not the same brain or wirining, I would have to pay the difference *against the real price *since in essence it was a new product as well as repay to have it installed... which is kinda sh*tty but I understood. the alternative was to send it back to DEI and have them replace it, which they supposedly do, since they have a lifetime warranty... I agreed to this and we sent it out....3 weeks later they call me and say hey, its back.  so I go in this morning and we check it out and they must have just cleaned the board up and stuff, cause the casing was still the same (had the same dust on it).  so I am all excited and we put it in, we get it all programed and are all excited, when it goes nuts, and starts doing the same thing again...so I am pissed and the installer is pissed. we called the GM and after arguing about it for a minute or two, we decide that he will let me exchange it for an 3.5 and pay the difference between what the employee price is on the new one vs. the old one, and then pay to have it reinstalled *(which should be cheap since all the wires are already there)*.

so I guess I am not thrilled cause I dont really like the new dei product and they have been having so many problems with them, but oh well, it either that or send it back out again...<br />

anyone with the 3.5 what do you think of it, and did you have another dei system before it to compare it to. *steve*<!-- well at least I got a rs3.5 out of it.... -->

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a matrix 1, and it was a pain in the ass... by my 3.5, I couldn't be happier!

Hope it doesn't cost you too much to install... I know in Canada, the price of install on the 3.5 just got changed and is wayyy up (somewhere in the range of $300) which makes staff price not much better than the installed price that customers pay for the unit.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
i love my RSX 3.5, only problem im habving is tweaking my proximity sensor, but that is an issue with the 508D, i lost the instruction manual and it isnt online and i just havent gotten around to trying to figure out which adjustment screw is for which bubble of protection...

anyway, why did you pay to have it installed, lol?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is how it worked out...

me and my old buddy josh (who wears my installer jacked for christ sakes), did it in the bay for 60..... took a while, but we solved the problem with the factory alarm.

one of the managers who I was friendly with came back, and was like I know you are not working on your own car...I was like well, I am a better installer than josh is anywyas, so why not?....it was quite fun....

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but....

1 remote...you have to be kidding me.... I have 4 clifford remotes for the old system which dont work with the new one...what the f**k, and they want 59.99 for a 1 way or 79.99 for a 2 way on ebay...

you have got to be kidding....

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
well, i have found one thing i dont like about the RSX 3.5, the Trunk trigger is very wierd, the wiring diagram in the back says to wire the blue wire on the H1/4 to the (-) trunk pin, but then when you look at the description, that wire is for the shock sensor...

problem is, i cant remeber what i wired the trunk trigger wire to, and i took my kick panel off today, and i taped up that bundle of wires so tightly i cant see jack, so i think im gonna have to go out there for a while and untape the whole bundle

anyway, it had shown the trunk as being open before when i try to arm it with it open, so i know that it is wired correctly, i dont really even need to go in there to check, but i cant figure out why the ttrunk wont cause the alarm to go off when i open it, i can pop the trunk with my remote, and open it and still not have the alarm go off...but when i disarm the system after doing that, it doesnt chirp at all, it just unlocks the doors and turns on the dome light....so i thin it may be a circuit problem within the RSX brain...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that wire shows up on the remote as the trunk.

there is a dedicated blue wire coming out of the shock sensor that is blue..and is different...

for extra credit check out the manual and count the # of errors and inconsistencies...starting with the lock and unlock digram on the back page...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts