Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have a serious question. I was driving my car last night and everything seemed fine. Then after i got back in it after leaving a friends house the oil light came on so i pulled it over in a level spot and let it sit for a few so the oil would settle. After it settled i checked it and everything was fine. So i started the car and the light was gone and then about five min. later it started flashing like crazy. I got the car home and let it sit for alongtime adn checked the oil and again everything was fine. I don know that it could be one of a few things
---Oil pump
---Oil Pressure Sensor
---Or a clogged oil screen that isn't letteing enough oil through.
I know that 4.3 psi is a standard running level for the teg i just don't have a gauge. I have searched and all of the post wern't clear about their answersi am hoping i can get something more from you guys now cause these old posts are just what they are old. So i am asking for some kind of help here thanks guys in advance.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I had this problem too. My oil light came on and I didn't know why. My oil level was fine and I did not know what was wrong. I took it for an oil change and had Jiffy Lube do it and it didnt happen again. Try putting a piece of carboard under your car to see if there are any leaks over night. Sometimes the oil filter can be loose and leak oil.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would check the oil pressure sensor. Perhaps the connector is not secure. Also, I would replace the oil filter to rule out the possiblity of a defective oil filter that is restricting flow. It is possible that the oil filter is not going into bypass.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I agree, the oil pressure sensor isn't firmly connected. It's located by the oil filter, has 1 wire, and has a large boot on it. Pull it off and reattach it.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I get a similar problem, too. But when my oil light comes on, it's only when the motor is warm and I start it when the key is at IGN. To turn it off I just shut the car off and start it again. But I finally figured out if I start the car from ACC, the oil light will not come on.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a fram on there now i think. Its suposed to be a good filter. I am gonna check what Gvtec said because i think thats what it is. Its really weird though. It will stay solid and after it worms up it flashes and then after a while of running say 5 min it goes away. I was talking to a local mechanic and he sayid that seince i had a swap that they might not have changed the sensor and it could be gummed up or something. So i am gonna pull it off tonight after work and see whats up and let you guys know.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well guys bad news i changed the oil last night as well as put in a new oil sending unit and then let the car down to make sure i had enough oil on the dip stick and then started the car to see if i had corrected the problem and nothing the light was still on so i wne to tcheck the oil and when i pulled the dip stick out of the hole to read it i saw to my horror that the oil was never churned my the motor running it was in the same spot as when i checked it before right at the second little dot on the stick. So whats goin on here guys i could use some help greatly. I think that i have a dead oil pump but i am scared of if i do what else it mighthave damaged in the process of this malfunction.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Is this correct? You changed the oil and before starting it you checked the level. You then started it and shut it down, and when you checked it, it was still at the same level?

Take the oil filter off and see if it is dry or not. If it is dry then you have an oil pump failure. If it is full of oil then you need to take the next step in finding out why the light is on. Do you have a helms manual? Im at work and don't have mine to help. Sorry.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes chris you are correct i changed the oil checked it then started it and then it was in the same spot never moved in the oil pan. I had a helms but i let a friend borrow it that has a teg and he has yet to return it. So i am borrowing my neighbors scanning tool tonight and plugging it in to see if i am getting any codes. I'm hoping its the tube that sucks the oil to the head that has a clogged screen or something but if its a bad pup i'll let you knwo hopefully i'll know this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.