Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime when I'm driving on the freeway and I pass 70mph and if I release the gas pedal to slow down a little, the right rear side of my car makes this weird grinding noise that I can't really discribe. Anyone have the same problem or any ideas on the problem? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
if you ever hear a grinding think 2 things:

1- cv boot = axle problems (this applies to front)
2- caliper seizure...i heard a grinding when mine seized while on the highway. however it sounded like it was coming from everywhere. A test of spinning the wheel while the car's on a jack will give you the answer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Does the car shake or act different also, or does it just make the noise?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car drives perfectly fine, that's why it's so hard for me to know what's wrong.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
are you sure its coming from the right rear? cause if its right below your car it could be the heat shield. However if a screw or anything metal falls under the carpet in your trunk and gets by the spare tire, it will eventually start rattling around and make a loud annoying sound.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it be my exhaust rubbing against my bumper? Because if I let go of the gas after 70mph, my exhaust makes a loud low noise. If it is my exhaust, does anyone know how I can fix this?

·
Registered
392 Posts
u sure its a grinding sound? could it be more of a rattling sound? if so its most likely that your exaust mount is broke.

·
Registered
713 Posts
well i had a grinding noise problem when i let go of the gas. my problem was that since my car was lowered it wore out the ball bearings in my axles. so i had to replace that and my front axles. i dont know if this might be the same reason. go check it out to a well known mechanic because some mechanics will think its something else and fix that and waste your money. i first replaced my brakes because some mechanic said it was my brakes, then i replaced my struts (shocks) and wasted money on that. then finally fixed the axles. total cost was $900. so i have new shocks and brakes which i didnt really need.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is kinda a rattling noise too. Is the exhaust mount the two hooks that hold up the exhaust? Like do I need to weld them back on the exhaust? Thanks for all the info so far. I hope that it's not something expensive. Man... after hitting 100k miles, things just start happening.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i'm having the same problem now, the right rear start rattling at idle or when i step on the brake. i think is started after i got stuck on a ramp and literally drove over dragging the bottom, my muffler got scratched up bad but i don't really see anyrhing else been damaged..
does anyone know if it a axle problem or the exhaust?
thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
is not a ramp, it like a sidewalk but the other side is for bike or something small to drive over.

·
Registered
392 Posts
RollingxNonstop on Aug/31/02 said:
It is kinda a rattling noise too. Is the exhaust mount the two hooks that hold up the exhaust? Like do I need to weld them back on the exhaust? Thanks for all the info so far. I hope that it's not something expensive. Man... after hitting 100k miles, things just start happening.
yes u will have to get it welded on again. wont cost much as all. prolly like 20 bucks

·
Registered
444 Posts
check you hub bearings. seen that problem before

1 - 15 of 15 Posts