Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- I have a 94 LS. When I start the car, this weird buzzing noise starts and goes for maybe about 30 ish seconds. When I first got the car, it only did it for about 5 seconds.

My research led me to believe its the ABS. My ABS light IS on. Is there something else wrong with the car or is this 'normal'?

·
Registered
704 Posts
it does sound like the abs, did you check the codes for the abs unit? the 94-97 abs really sucks imo...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does sound like the abs, did you check the codes for the abs unit? the 94-97 abs really sucks imo...
Nope, how would I go about doing that?
Yes, it does suck. I would love to remove it one day but I know its a super annoying job

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
112 Posts
that buzzing, if it's the ABS, freaked me out when I first got my car too. supposedly it's the ABS system just trying to keep itself pressurized. the light comes on when it can't do so (I don't know for sure that this is your problem, but it happens a lot). there's a thread on here about how it takes a really cheap part (just some kind of gasket) to fix this if you're interested in fixing the abs.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks so much!
So it gave me a 1-8 code which is 'high pressure system'
Since I dont mind not having abs, can I just pull the plug from the abs fuse behind the passenger side rear panel?
I just drove with the light on.

Check your ABS gasket like @Dagobah mentioned. I believe mine needs a new gasket as it was really dirty in that lower area. I just haven't had time to fix it as I have other issues to deal with on my 97.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
aw614
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing