Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5608 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately in Southern California, a select group of responsible, deticated, Integra owners have been getting together to carve up the s-curves in our local canyons.

From 'Honda Tuning' published in winter 2010 (click image for "full" readable image):

----------------------------------------------------

Check out the pictures and videos to get a sense for the runs, but first:

THESE ARE NOT RACES. THESE ROADS ARE VERY TECHNICAL AND YOU CAN SERIOUSLY HURT YOURSELF OR OTHERS IF YOU DRIVE IRRESPoNSIBLY. THE STREETS ARE NOT FOR PUSHING THE LIMITS!

With that out of the way...

http://www.youtube.com/v/PjVcqZ9ihO0?fs=1&hl=en_US

http://www.youtube.com/v/aPIfb_4Tqaw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/gMWbJ-i5jD0&hl=en&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/5HBvvUryxmA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/s4x0kixPnTE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

If you want to track your car, do it on your time. This is for the beauty of the roads and a little bit of fun. The last thing anyone wants out of this is to get injured, or to injure someone else. So feel free to post, PM or just show up based on the info here, and if you've got some awesome place that you think we're missing, tell us! Cheers, and drive safe!

Places the Canyon Runs have taken us:
- Mulholland Raceway in the Santa Monica Mountains
- Glendora Mountain Road
- Angeles Crest Historical Highway
- Ortega Highway
- Highway S22
- Little Tujunga Canyon Road

The Rock Store in the Santa Monica Mountains:

The view from Stunt Road (you can see the valley and the ocean):

The view from the top of Mulholland Ave on "The Snake":

The tree with the parts from the last few cars and bikes that wrecked, DRIVE SLOW is the message there.

The views from the top of Glendora Mountain Road:

Top of Little Tujunga Canyon:

View from Lookout Roadhouse on Ortega Highway over Lake Elsinore

----

Maps and Addresses for our Regular Run Location Meet-Ups
Unless stated otherwise, all meets are 10:00AM with a 10:30AM leave time!

Topanga Canyon/The Snake:
17299 Pacific Coast Hwy
Los Angeles CA 90272

MAP

Glendora Mountain Road:
126 N Azusa Ave
Azusa CA 91702

MAP

Little Tujunga Canyon:
11466 Lexicon Ave.
Sylmar CA 91342

MAP

Big Bear Mountain:
4310 Highland Ave
Highland CA 92346

MAP

Angeles Crest Hwy:
2 Sport Chalet Dr
La Canada CA 91011

MAP

Ortega Highway:
27172 Ortega Hwy
San Juan Capistrano CA 92675

MAP

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Damn Travis those are some nice pics. I'm going to the autobacs meet this Sat. Maybe I can meet up next week like at 1:30 (can't do any earlier sparring trianing every Sat.).

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TEGDFORLIFE on Mar/19/09 said:
seems interesting. hows the road conditions? my cars kinda slammed in the front lol
well, it's good enough for ferrari's and lambos so im pretty sure you'll be alright. topanga canyon blvd got re-paved with that recycled-tires asphault so it's the best road quality there is. stunt road, kinda sketch, but old topanga and mulholland are pretty damn good.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haven't gotten any PMs about anyone going tomorrow yet so as of now i'll be going early. i'll have email (iphone) access up there so you can email me:

[email protected]

or reply to this post (emailed notified of replies) if you wake up tomorrow and decide you wanna go and just send me your number. or if you want to meet me on PCH and follow me up the canyon that can work too.

cheers!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would be pretty down tomorrow. Around what time do you estimate you would be going up the canyon? I am in LA its pretty close right?

Hopefully I can grab a few friends to go too since we have all be wanting to go to the beach and roads around there.

CHEEERS! lol

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's today's pictures, ill post the ones of me as soon as they're up. comments welcome, so are more integras

more integras are welcome any time. there was a crew of about 20 civics up there that im sure a t-i crew would give a run for their money.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
^ x2

That looks like a fun road.

I do Ortega Highway a couple times a month. It gets a little crowded though sometimes. And the last time I went out a couple weeks ago, they were doing road work - stopping traffic on both sides for 10-15 minutes at a time so they could carve rumble strips into the center line on the Riverside County section.

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HawaiianLaker on Mar/25/09 said:
that is awesome. what time do you go on saturdays? do you go on any other days?

it really depends on how well my friday night went! haha. i am trying to get my 8 hour shift off on sundays or at least half of it covered so i can go for the afternoon session on sunday but as of right now i just go on saturday mornings, earlier the better, stay until 3p then a mad dash for work.

Quote: rebar71 on Mar/25/09 ^ x2

That looks like a fun road.

I do Ortega Highway a couple times a month. It gets a little crowded though sometimes. And the last time I went out a couple weeks ago, they were doing road work - stopping traffic on both sides for 10-15 minutes at a time so they could carve rumble strips into the center line on the Riverside County section.
yeah, i grew up in temecula and went to school in riverside, had a lot of buddies do ortega all the time and for some that road was quite literally a death trap, i think this is a much less stressful run, but hit me up this saturday and see for yourself.

like ive said before, just because i go up there at 7-8am on a saturday doesnt mean you have to. im happy to meet up with people on PCH at 10, 11, 12 whatever. just know that the later you go the more sloOb's there will be.

post here or PM me and we can text if you wanna run. cheers!

1 - 20 of 5608 Posts