Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks this description sounds dumb on the front page?

"The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss mods, body kits, MPG and reviews."

Body kits and mpg? I think it'd sound better if it discussed engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related. Something along those lines.

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

"The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss mods, body kits, MPG and reviews."

Body kits and mpg? I think it'd sound better if it discussed engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related. Something along those lines.
I can pass on your feedback.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Updated, better?

The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.

Jeff M

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
way better, thank you! The original just sounded dumb, we have way more info here than body kits and mpg.

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
14,168 Posts
What happened to repairing the article link?

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts
Are you still seeing this?
-Philip
What happened to repairing the article link?
I feel like there's a different "Administrator" logging in to different sites/forums, and none of them are communicating to each other about the feedback that we give. For example, I've been messaging an "Administrator" named Phillip, about our broken links (screenshot attached). When you look at my existing conversation, it's like I'm bringing up a new topic (a major one for this site) to them.

@MorningZ - What has your experience been like at the FocusRS forums in regards to the "Admins"? Do you feel that you're "beating a dead horse" around the same concerns over & over?

I apologize if I'm coming across as frustrated (I'm trying not too). I'm still on this site on a daily basis, multiple times per day. This site was a major success, not only due to the original admins and mods, but due to the rules that were put into place, and more importantly, followed and adhered to. They meant to keep this site, "clean", and not entertain the BS that the other forums had (cough, "Honda-Tech", or B20vtec.com). It's what set this site from the rest, and it's something that I still attempt to uphold day to day. Pointing new or existing members to our articles, common topics, etc gets members to start clicking around, and educating themselves based on existing threads. This is a huge pain point for me when I see a new thread created about a previously discussed topic.

For context, here's the links in question:

Article Index/Table of Content

Forum Common Topics

Existing thread around this issue:
Where did Articles Go?

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I feel like there's a different "Administrator" logging in to different sites/forums, and none of them are communicating to each other about the feedback that we give. For example, I've been messaging an "Administrator" named Phillip, about our broken links (screenshot attached). When you look at my existing conversation, it's like I'm bringing up a new topic (a major one for this site) to them.

@MorningZ - What has your experience been like at the FocusRS forums in regards to the "Admins"? Do you feel that you're "beating a dead horse" around the same concerns over & over?

I apologize if I'm coming across as frustrated (I'm trying not too). I'm still on this site on a daily basis, multiple times per day. This site was a major success, not only due to the original admins and mods, but due to the rules that were put into place, and more importantly, followed and adhered to. They meant to keep this site, "clean", and not entertain the BS that the other forums had (cough, "Honda-Tech", or B20vtec.com). It's what set this site from the rest, and it's something that I still attempt to uphold day to day. Pointing new or existing members to our articles, common topics, etc gets members to start clicking around, and educating themselves based on existing threads. This is a huge pain point for me when I see a new thread created about a previously discussed topic.

For context, here's the links in question:

Article Index/Table of Content

Forum Common Topics

Existing thread around this issue:
Where did Articles Go?

View attachment 105266

View attachment 105268
Hey,

We do talk, we do have feedback which we share, we even are usually within earshot of each other. The important thing is, every time it gets reported, we mark it in our tracking program, so we need to clarify what the issue is, where it is located, what is being requested. It is all something we want to accurately report to get it resolved, but it does take some verification, and reverification to be properly documented. Apologies if it feels like we're not resolving the things you want and the speed you hope, but each issue takes a varied amount of time depending on complexity.

If you want to quote a case number at us when reporting on this, it's #170734524
:)

Gerrit

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts
Hey,

We do talk, we do have feedback which we share, we even are usually within earshot of each other. The important thing is, every time it gets reported, we mark it in our tracking program, so we need to clarify what the issue is, where it is located, what is being requested. It is all something we want to accurately report to get it resolved, but it does take some verification, and reverification to be properly documented. Apologies if it feels like we're not resolving the things you want and the speed you hope, but each issue takes a varied amount of time depending on complexity.

If you want to quote a case number at us when reporting on this, it's #170734524
:)

Gerrit

Thanks for your feedback, Gerrit. Let me ask, what is the status of Case #1866899? This dates back to 2014. Here's the URL: Notifications not working in iOS

While your feedback may very well have the members best interest in mind, your prior tendencies to not follow up with historical issues give false hope to anything being resolved, or any transparency to an issue being resolved.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So just curious.... What's up with this message? I was trying to fix broken images in my post and got this, can the days be less or the posts be raised higher?
Are you still seeing this?
-Philip
Yes, and it's been over 7 days and I attempted to edit it again. I still am unable to edit my past post and get the same message.

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for your feedback, Gerrit. Let me ask, what is the status of Case #1866899? This dates back to 2014. Here's the URL: Notifications not working in iOS

While your feedback may very well have the members best interest in mind, your prior tendencies to not follow up with historical issues give false hope to anything being resolved, or any transparency to an issue being resolved.
Hello,

Those case numbers pre software update may be harder to dig up. and this specific one I can't back track. Seeing as this is a 2014 issue, I'll need confirmation that the resolution was not packaged in with the community update. I do not have an iOS device, but I will ask around to see if I can get another on the team to replicate it. Can you confirm the same? As well as refresh our tech team of the specific errors you encounter here?

Yes, and it's been over 7 days and I attempted to edit it again. I still am unable to edit my past post and get the same message.
This error seems to be inconsistent among users, browsers and devices. We would need to record yours here as well.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts
Hello,

Those case numbers pre software update may be harder to dig up. and this specific one I can't back track. Seeing as this is a 2014 issue, I'll need confirmation that the resolution was not packaged in with the community update. I do not have an iOS device, but I will ask around to see if I can get another on the team to replicate it. Can you confirm the same? As well as refresh our tech team of the specific errors you encounter here?

This error seems to be inconsistent among users, browsers and devices. We would need to record yours here as well.

-Gerrit

Sorry, this just isn't worth my time. I can't fathom investing time into something knowing that should've been researched and reviewed 6yrs ago.

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sorry, this just isn't worth my time. I can't fathom investing time into something knowing that should've been researched and reviewed 6yrs ago.
Considering the entire base software has fundamentally changed, the hardware that encountered the issue has seen changes, and the issue has yet to be reproduced from my team with the new software and hardware, I would need a current example of this issue occurring to reopen the case.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts
Considering the entire base software has fundamentally changed, the hardware that encountered the issue has seen changes, and the issue has yet to be reproduced from my team with the new software and hardware, I would need a current example of this issue occurring to reopen the case.

-Gerrit
My immediate question to ask is, why was the case "closed" to begin with? Why wasn't a notification, reply, message initiated to let me or the other members know why it was being closed, or what the status is/was?

·
Administrator
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My immediate question to ask is, why was the case "closed" to begin with? Why wasn't a notification, reply, message initiated to let me or the other members know why it was being closed, or what the status is/was?
I would not have an answer to this. I have been here since 2010 but all I can recall from reading back is this was part of the original mobile view of the site. The forum software not just the mobile view has been changed. This likely fell through the cracks since some of the names posting in there are not even part of this team. We have new processes in place for tracking tickets and bug reports. I can tell you that the dev team is working on the edit post errors reported.
-Philip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey cricket
Just started posting on this forum, and really like the eas of posting pix. Thank you.
A great member friendly forum no negativity

Good job administrators !

21 - 38 of 38 Posts