Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Water spots in the tint? How long has it been? If it has been over a week take it back and have them redo it. Tint places should cover problems with the tint like that. If its only been a day or two give it time. Depending on where you're at, your climate, and where you keep your car it may take longer for the water to completely evaporate out. To help keep your car outside in the sun as much as possible to help speed the process.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Try "Rain-X". You can find it at a local autopart store. It is safe for tinted windows and works great. I have a spray bottle of it that I keep with me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are the spots on the outside of the glass? If so that has nothing to do with the tint. Claybar your window and it'll take them right off. If there is water between the tint and the glass on the inside its because the tint job is done for and you'll have to get the windows retinted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah, if its air bubbles inbetween then tint film and the window its just a crappy tint job. Get it retinted.

If not, then use the clay bar idea...

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Here, I'm answering this, but am not sure if it's spots on the inside or outside....

IF they're on the ouside, they're hard water spots. I had this problem with another car. It's a PITA! 1st, try Vinegar in a 50/50 mixture. The spots are minerals, and the acetic acid will dissolve them (if they're not TOO bad). Try that w/ Microfiber Towel. If that doesn't work, one thing I've gotten to work is this:

It has an acid in it (I believe Boric Acid). I made a paste of it w/ water and used a Terrycloth applicator and scrubbed the SH*T out of my glass. It took me an hour to go all around the car....They were BAD! I'm pretty sure I got them all out, ever notice how you have to be in JUST the right light for them to show? But from what I saw, this stuff did the trick!

Bad news....if you can FEEL them w/ your fingernail, it's going to take something REALLY aggressive (Glass polish).There are some of the classic car parts companies that sell kits for that and they come w/ a rouge like jewelers' rouge to polish using a rotary polisher. I hope they're not that bad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.