Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was wondering if anyone can help me out. i just picked up a db1 that needs to get the waterpump and tensioner belt replaced. the shafts in the water pump cracked. i have both parts but dont know how to install it =/ any help will be great as in a step to step on how to. i have no money to tow the car to a shop and have no funds to pay for the labor. thank you for any help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
where you from? if you never done a timing belt, water pump, then just find someone who has. you dont wanna mess the timing up. Also replace the timing belt.

where are you from?

·
Registered
201 Posts
just a heads up go to search and search timing belt replacement and there is a step by step with pictures on how to do this but if you have never worked on a teg or a car period you may want to get some help on this trust me i am in the middle of doing mine now and its good to have a friend around who knows more about it lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
So, are you doing it or what?

Take youre time, you'll be fine. Its not as complicated as everyone thinks... at first.

You're going to go into this all confused and anxious... but... open the hood and visualize where everything is. Get your tools... and prepare to start.

But first and foremost, get a book on the car. Chiltons, Haynes or Helms, whatever. There are places online you can actually download the book, helmsinc.com is one of them, I think.

I would suggest getting a really wicked impact or possibly an aftermarket crank pulley tool such as these. Tool 1., Pulley tool 2 or moroso pulley tool

Then go from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.