Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 silver ls 2 Door and amoung many problems occuring now the worst is a really bad water leak and I am not sure where its coming from. Any ideas would be greatly apperciated. The passenger front is bad the water sits on top of the carpet because it cannot simply absorb anymore. The back passenger side has a decent amount. At first I thought it was coming from the window. My passenger front speaker stopped working of course I thought it was a loose connection and let it go for a little while. I open the grill and the speaker, wires, magnet and cone are wet no sopping like the floor buut more than just damp. I openedthe hatch yesterday to check about disconnecting the speaker till the problem is resolved and what do you know the spare tire cargo area is full of what else, water. I have a friend who has a leak in a gen 2 and we have been talking thinking that this might be design flaw. Both of us have no idea where it could be coming from please help guys!!! The carpet will mold and rot and have this delicious smell in a few days.!!!
Thanks in advance Taryn

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm not positive, but check out the articles, I think there is a thread that talks about how to cure the water in the spare tire well.

As far as the water on your driver's side floor...try this:

Sit in your car, and have someone else either pour a bucket of water slowy over that side of your or use the hose, and see if you can tell where it is coming it at.

Dave

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
YO, i've got about 2" of water in my spare tire well... and under my rear seats!

i ripped out the entire rear of the car... check the Moonroof drain hoses 1st. (mine were FINE!) then check the rubber seal around the Hatch... (again, mine is fine) the only possible way the water COULD be getting in to my hatch is the gaskets on the stock taillights.

Tonight i'll be spraying the car with water and watching, trying to figure out WHERE IN THE HELL it's comming from!

Damn that aggravatees.!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Integraoligist on Feb/26/04 said:
YO, i've got about 2" of water in my spare tire well... and under my rear seats!

i ripped out the entire rear of the car... check the Moonroof drain hoses 1st. (mine were FINE!) then check the rubber seal around the Hatch... (again, mine is fine) the only possible way the water COULD be getting in to my hatch is the gaskets on the stock taillights.

Tonight i'll be spraying the car with water and watching, trying to figure out WHERE IN THE HELL it's comming from!

Damn that aggravatees.!
YO! I know it is annoying to you, but, no need to flip on us bro. So many people ask the same questions over and over, it gets annoying to us. So just chill. It'll all be good.

Did this just come about all of a sudden ? Or did you notice it gradually ?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well, if you get a chance to do the water test, let us know how that works. Cuz it's really a guess and check thing for us.

You said you've inspected the seals and the drains hoses, so it shouldn't be them. I don't know what to tell ya right now other than let us know how the water test goes.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've been quite aggravated myself.
I just discovered the exact same problem in mine (soaked driver's side carpet) but I haven't been able to inspect it.

The most aggravating part, is that mine is a 2001, that was never winter driven til this season. So it's hard to imagine seals going bad in a fairly young car in excellent condition with only 43,000 kms.

I've done searches, but I need to do more. A couple people with the same problem suggested a seal around the firewall, or wiper area needs to be replaced (or possibly from drainage pipes around the sunroof).

I'm gonna have to investigate some more.

Since my car's still under warranty, does anyone know if the dealership would do anything about it? Can this be a warranty issue?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
This sucks, I had the same problem. Water came in my trunk, up under my rear seats and up to the front seats as well. I had to replace the carpet. Since I bought new taillights w/ new gaskets and got my antenna shaved, I dont think it has happened since. I'll check later on today.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Here's a post I ran across on talkaboutautos.com.
The "cowl" he refers to is the cowl that covers the base of the windshield wipers:
---------------------------------
UPDATE....
'94 Acura Integra Rain Water Leak.
After much blood, sweat and beers..... Found my water leak.
I pulled the cowl off........ there are not any holes or seal under the cowl
that can leak. There is a solid pan for the water to run into and down both
sides of the fender wells.
What I did find is....... I pealed the carpeting back and back sound
proofing (off back of the fire wall) behind the dash and steering wheel. The
carpet was wet up the
back of the carpeting and padding. I ran a water hose into the cowl pan
(not a lot of water...just enough to keep a steady stream).
I got under the dash with a flash light in the floor board...... in the
upper left corner (drivers side, behind the dash, near the fuse panel and
wire harness) where the tubing for the rear washing fluid is.... there is a
body joint with sealer on it. At the top of the sealant the water is
dripping in from that location. Looks like the sealer is pealing off and the
water is dripping in there.
I also pulled off the fender well plastic and looked behind it for the
actual body joint... but it must be higher up and behind the fender. I did
see a few places the I thought I
would try to seal while I was there and did.....just in case.
I need to get some good sealer.... I don't think regular silicon is the way
to seal it good.
I know this may be confusing in writing......... let me know if you need any
more information.

-------------------------------

so there, he doesn't say if he fixed the problem or not, but he does identify the problem specific to his daughter's car.

I guess it's a good starting point.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well...well... - whaddaya know.

Here's a step by step "How-To" on fixing this very problem complete with photos.

[EDIT] Sorry, i missed the note on top that says this is specific to (JDM) G2 tegs. Although, it is interesting to note that replies seem to be similar between g2 and g3 models. It's still worth a look.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey look at the seal on your tail lights that is where mine leaks and my friends has the same problem. the foam seals get old and leak after awhile. What I have noticed is in heavy rain it will become a swimming pool. Evertime I step on the brakes it sent walls of water toward the font of the car eventually soaking the entire floor board seats and even under the the pedals. only way I found to fix it with out any work is to strip everything out of the trunk seat liner and all. Take out the spare and get two realy big thick towels and stick the spare over the top and tighten it down this way you keep the water from sloshing forward, yes this is only a temporary fix until I can figure out a good way to seal the lights and still be able to get them off the car again, I'll post it if I find something good to fix the problem until then park out of the rain and change towels regularly to avoid mold. Good luck. If you find a way to fix it tell me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yea it really sux, mine is soaked right now, floorboards, back seat, trunk, everything, and yesterday i had to come to a sudden stop and all the water went to the front and pilled up, soaked half of my ecu!!! thank god it didnt get into it, i have my kickpanels off so i was able to see it, i freaked out, i feel very lucky.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
ScreaminTeg on Feb/26/04 said:
Quote: Cyrax71 on Feb/26/04 I think it's something some of us should notify Acura about. If they dont already know.

What for ? They don't manufactur the "integra" anymore. And I doubt they would recall 3 year old cars and older for this issue.

Not trying to get too negative about it, just realistic.
I guess you are right. But I havent heard of any other cars especially 98+ having this problem.

Mine had nothing to do with the front leaking, I think it was a problem with the tail lights. Like I said, new gaskets might fix it. Also if you take the rear plastic pannel off to get to the tail light bulbs, a few inches below where the tail lights are, there is 1 hole about .5" on each side of the car filled w/ black plugs. I have no idea why there were holes there in the first place but my car was missing one of those plugs. Water was running down the taillights and into that hole. I'd check that as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts